2013 Kill totals

charlie elk

2013 Kill totals

Postby charlie elk » May 28th, 2013, 9:53 pm

I have received the preliminary kill stats for spring 2013.
What a difference a year makes...
The success rate was 18% significantly off the usual 45-50% success rate.

On my blog http://www.charlieelk.com there is a daily chart of turkey kill comparing 2013 to 2012 along with a PDF of all the preliminary numbers. Keep in mind these are preliminary stats will change a bit in the coming weeks.
T&TH site would not let me post the PDF stats or chart.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

dewey

Re: 2013 Kill totals

Postby dewey » May 28th, 2013, 11:56 pm

charlie elk wrote:I have received the preliminary kill stats for spring 2013.
What a difference a year makes...
The success rate was 18% significantly off the usual 45-50% success rate.

On my blog http://www.charlieelk.com there is a daily chart of turkey kill comparing 2013 to 2012 along with a PDF of all the preliminary numbers. Keep in mind these are preliminary stats will change a bit in the coming weeks.
T&TH site would not let me post the PDF stats or chart.

Try saving the PDF as a jpeg then upload it as a picture. If you can't switch it to a PDF let me know and I can do it at work for you and then upload it. Oh stats and charts...I as an engineer LOVE them.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » May 29th, 2013, 2:39 pm

looks like harvest was down quite a bit. should be a ton of birds around this fall :D

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » May 29th, 2013, 11:00 pm

The low numbers don't suprize me one bit, with the late spring we had and lack of hunting preasure. I only seen one other hunter on public land out of the 4 seasons I hunted, and very few trucks parked in the parking lots. There wasn't anybody out hunting, the birds were there and active, but no hunters? With the late spring, the later season were much better for active birds, as the charts show. If you talk about fall hunting turkeys, people look at you like "are you nuts" :P which is fine with me, the birds don't get any preasure. Most of the fall hunters around here just buy a tag in case a bird comes by while bowhunting, if they take a deer early in the season they just toss their turkey tags, and wouldn't make an effert to actually go out and hunt them.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Return to Wisconsin