2013 recap

gutpiler

2013 recap

Postby gutpiler » May 16th, 2013, 10:36 am

After a very frustrating and sleepless 2013 season. From the youth hunt being bad, to week two close encounters , week 3 henned up flocks, things finally came together for me period D last day of the period on Tues I pulled the trigger on a 18# , 9 1/2 inch beard ,7/8" spur gobbler. Then on Weds period E opening day I shot a 18.5# 9 1/2" beard 1" spurred Tom with a broken spur on the other leg. My youngest is out right now trying to fill his tag (I told him I needed to sleep in today). getting updates from him via texts so far they were gobbling early but clammed up around 8. sure hope he gets one that would be 3 birds in 3 days. They are grouping up in gobbler groups in my area after being with the hens in the morn.
Last edited by gutpiler on May 17th, 2013, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
For those about to hunt .... We salute you!

ticklishtompro

Re: 2013 recap

Postby ticklishtompro » May 16th, 2013, 11:11 pm

Congrats on the birds. I hope you just mis spoke there, cause Tuesday would have been the final day of your season and Wed. the first day of your next, don't want you to get in trouble, but since you said your son was hunting without you today I think that is what you meant.
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

gutpiler

Re: 2013 recap

Postby gutpiler » May 17th, 2013, 1:59 am

Right I'm suffering from lack of sleep. Even though I didn't go with my son he texted me at 5 to let me know he was in the woods. So even with a day off I'm still up early and now I'm working night shift ready to pass out. he was unable to connect today so I told him I'd take him to a spot on monday he has never hunted that I think he can have a decent chance at some action. we'll see.
For those about to hunt .... We salute you!

Return to Wisconsin