Spring Draw results

ticklishtompro

Spring Draw results

Postby ticklishtompro » January 14th, 2013, 11:26 pm

Just thought I would check tonight, and low and behold drawing results were on line!!! My wife got the 2nd period and I got 3rd in zone 2. They didn't put anything about leftover permits yet.

So what did you all get?
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

Treerooster

Re: Spring Draw results

Postby Treerooster » January 14th, 2013, 11:36 pm

Man I was gonna check earlier today but then I thought, nah...too early.

Question, if a guy knows both his Wi ID number AND his Colo ID number by heart...at any time of year...does that make him weird?

I drew my permit for zone 4 season 4. Pretty much thought I would get it anyways though.
Last edited by Treerooster on January 15th, 2013, 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » January 15th, 2013, 12:00 am

3rd season, unit 3
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » January 15th, 2013, 12:15 am

Treerooster wrote:Man I was gonna check earlier today but then I though, nah...too early.

Question, if a guy knows both his Wi ID number AND his Colo ID number by heart...at any time of year...does that make him weird?

Nope, just makes you a turkey hunter!!! Most would say that has the same meaning as weird!! :lol:
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 15th, 2013, 9:58 am

Man was I happy to see this post this morning. Way to ticklishpro, this is the earliest ever by a long shot. WDNR is really getting their act together. This makes spring planning so much easier; now if we can OTC sales started and completed earlier...
I drew first season. I had given up trying for first season due to bad weather events during that week. But last year it was so nice so early I desperately wished for the earliest tag and at the last minute this year I changed my application from 2nd to first. Now, I hope, I don't pick up turkey hunting where I left off 12/31 in snow and wind. However, any turkey hunting is better than no turkey hunting.

Treerooster wrote:Question, if a guy knows both his Wi ID number AND his Colo ID number by heart...at any time of year...does that make him weird?

Who doesn't? ;)
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » January 15th, 2013, 10:17 am

Got mine, season 3, Zone 4. Heck yeah! Suddenly April 24 seems soooooooo far away.....

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 15th, 2013, 10:49 am

Congratulations to all the happy spring hunters. Hopefully the OTC availability will be announced soon, normally this happens after the post cards are mailed.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

putt

Postby putt » January 15th, 2013, 11:04 am

Whoopeee. Got my first choice, Zone 2, Season 2. First time in 5 years that I didn't get the 4th or 5th season.

Look like Charlie's original post about an anomaly in the draw system that would not draw out hunters who filled out all 6 options in order was on the money. The system wouldn't let us do that this year (I had always done it) & I finally got my first choice.

Having said that, don't know if I'll have a chance to bag that 2nd period turkey. Two friends had asked me to group apply this year. One has never hunted turkey, & the other has hunted some but not seen a turkey yet. So I'll be at the end of the shooting order when the 3 of us hunt this year, but it will be as much or more fun if they get one.

Looking forward to the OTC info so I can start planning my later draw strategy.

Thanks for the tip, ticklishtompro.

Return to Wisconsin