Talk'n Turkey

ticklishtompro

Talk'n Turkey

Postby ticklishtompro » November 28th, 2012, 11:38 pm

Hey all you Wisconsin turkey hunters! I have been tossing around some ideas and finaly got the go ahead for a very special event. In conjunction with the 6th annual Howards Grove Rod & Gun Club Learn To Hunt turkeys, this year on Saturday, March 30,2013, we are going to have Talk'n Turkey. It is going to be a night of turkey talk, shopping, and swapping stories with fellow hunters.

The first confirmed speaker I am pleased to anounce is Shane Simpson, from Callingallturkeys.com. I am presently working on a couple of other presentors for the evening, and will give you all updates as they come. There will also be different vendors and callmakers selling there goods.

Time and specific location are still in the works, but I am excited cause this is something I have been wanting to put together for a while. I invite all of you to this event. Admission will not be that much, thinking $3 in advance, $5 at the door. Kids 12 and under free, cause that is what we are doing this for is the kids. All money raised will go to the Learn To Hunt Program.

I am looking for more vendors, so if you make calls, or have anything turkey hunting related that you sell and would be interested in having a booth, shoot me a pm for more info. Also if you have a speaker that you would suggest let me know. This will also be the weekend of our hunt, so if you might want to mentor a kid and take this in shoot me a message.

Randy
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

Treerooster

Re: Talk'n Turkey

Postby Treerooster » November 29th, 2012, 9:38 am

ticklishtompro wrote:Also if you have a speaker that you would suggest let me know.

Charlie Elk.

Man I wish I was closer. I would love to attend.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » November 30th, 2012, 3:22 pm

Sounds like fun ;) .
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » November 30th, 2012, 8:37 pm

Treerooster wrote:
ticklishtompro wrote:Also if you have a speaker that you would suggest let me know.

Charlie Elk.

Man I wish I was closer. I would love to attend.

Same, unfortunately end of March is a bad time for me. Usually frantically trying to get things wrapped up to free up time during turkey season :D

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » December 3rd, 2012, 9:05 am

I sent you a PM indicting I will consider speaking about turkey dogging and if appropriate bring Vic along.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » December 3rd, 2012, 2:12 pm

Sent you a pm Randy, it looks like a go, so far. Be happy to speak to the new hunters and help teach them some calling sequences on what calls to use, why and when to use them, and when not to use them.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » December 8th, 2012, 11:57 pm

Hey all, just a little update. Things have been falling into place just beautifully for this event. Acouple of speakers to announce.

Dave Constantine- nationally recognized for the most beautiful calls you will ever see, and recently featured on this website for hunting tactics.
Dan Widert- local DNR biologist will talk about turkey biology. Something I feel is very important. The better you know the game you are pursuing the more successful you will be.
Scott Hembrook- talking to the beginners on what calls to use.
Shane Simpson- locator calls, the types and when to use them.
Brian Lovett-need I say more?
Randy Platz- owner of Advanced Whitetail Hunting, food plots and there use for attracting and holding turkeys, there not just for deer.

It is going to be a great event. Just finalizing the location and times and will let you all know when they are set in stone. Also have a couple good sponsors and vendors in the works. Also a couple more speakers TBA!!

Randy
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » December 9th, 2012, 10:29 pm

Happy to announce that Charlie Elk and Vic will be there talking about turkey dogging. Looking forward to meeting Charlie and Vic!!

More to come!
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff

putt

Postby putt » December 11th, 2012, 6:23 pm

ticklishtompro wrote:Happy to announce that Charlie Elk and Vic will be there talking about turkey dogging. Looking forward to meeting Charlie and Vic!!

That's an impressive lineup of speakers you have so far. I'm real tempted to drive down for the day, especially since you've now lined up Vic, & his guy Charlie.

I've been enjoying Charlie's stories since I signed on to the forum, so this would be a treat.

Looking forward to hearing more event info from you. I plan to search out your club's website, but maybe it would be a good idea to also post a link here.

Tom

ticklishtompro

Postby ticklishtompro » December 12th, 2012, 10:03 pm

I am looking forward to meeting Vic too!! :lol: Charlie is just a bonus, Vic does all the real hard work when they are hunting!!!

We don't have a website yet, but I may have to do that to yet. There is a facebook page for any of you all on there. The page is Talk'n Turkey,
http://www.facebook.com/TalknTurkey?ref ... alknTurkey. I will see what I can do about the website.

I am actually waiting to hear back from 1 more speaker, hoping for 8 as there will be seminars going on in 2 rooms at a time, hour long time slots.

Hope you can make it!
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff

Next

Return to Wisconsin