Rude hunters

BigBuckeye

Rude hunters

Postby BigBuckeye » April 6th, 2011, 5:16 am

Had a nice set up on opening day. Gobbling from the neighboring private property. Perfect morning weather-wise. Heard some rustling in the leave just after twilight, thought it was going to be a good start and it turned out to be a hunter and his wife trying to find the gobbling.

As they walked by my decoys [:@], I told them the gobbling was on private property and I was on the edge/corner of it and unless they wanted to poach, they should find another area. He put his hand up and kept walking.

Idiots and public hunting. It's not that the birds are that much harder but there are a lot more idiots that don't spend time scouting. I pulled up and moved to another spot but I had to leave for the final four in Houston so I couldn't hunt more than a few hours.

Man I was steamed [:@]

Next time, I will just shoot a shot into the air to ruin his hunt like he ruined mine.

On my way out, I ran into another hunter who was at least courteous enough to wait for me to leave before coming into the area. I think I heard a shot as I got to the truck ~1.5miles away so I hope he was able to connect.

Always another day as long as the wind gets below 40mph, I hope to get out.
I can't get any sleep!!!

Arnie

fightingspurs

RE: Rude hunters

Postby fightingspurs » April 6th, 2011, 10:51 am

I feel your pain i go through it every year....
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

Return to Texas