Henned up Bad

Hoosiernavy

Henned up Bad

Postby Hoosiernavy » April 6th, 2009, 12:20 pm

Not sure about the rest of you Tenn hunters, I went out for 4 days last week and dang the toms were majorly henned up and not talking. Hopefully after this weather moves through we will be able to get them to talk alittle.

rbewilson

RE: Henned up Bad

Postby rbewilson » April 6th, 2009, 1:57 pm

Henned up bad,is not the word for it up here in east tenn. Sat. morning me and my brother hear some gobbling and we got tight on them and call but the sorry things still fly off from us,and when i say tight I mean 30 yards from their tree that they where in.But the best hunting is still in front of us after this weather gets out of here,my vacation days starts to kick in this week,3-days work weeks for the rest of the season.

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » April 7th, 2009, 7:43 am

Hi there Hoosiernavy, I had the same thing over east near Dale Hollow area, and spoke with about a dozen people from central Tn. over to the western side of the state and it seems that maybe those birds in my area were about 2 weeks behind the others, although when I checked my bird in at the local trkyhtrs hangout I was # 45 and a friend of mine took 2 birds in successive days following my check in. I cancelled a west Tn. hunt for a few days until the weather moves out. Good luck to you in your travels.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE!
L.K.LESLIE
HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
MOSSY OAKPROSTAFF-TURKEYS 
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

turkeyslayer

Postby turkeyslayer » April 22nd, 2009, 12:52 pm

same here. i had 35 hens on me recently.[:@]

Return to Tennessee