Upper East Tennessee

ThicketThrasher

Upper East Tennessee

Postby ThicketThrasher » March 6th, 2010, 6:21 pm

Are any of you guys hearing any gobbling? I have seen several birds in the fields but haven't heard any gobbling yet. I haven't seen as many birds out as I did prior to last season though, not sure why. the snow has finally melted except for the mountains so maybe the turkeys will get in the mood shortly.

rbewilson

RE: Upper East Tennessee

Postby rbewilson » March 6th, 2010, 7:33 pm

when to the woods on Monday seen some tracks in the snow but know gobbling yet,some of the guys at work said they hear some.

Rolly

Postby Rolly » March 22nd, 2010, 2:22 pm

Birds in my area are gobbling good, but only for a short while. When they're off the roost it's over with the gobbling. Scouting on the north side of the Clinch in Hawkins Cty. Saw 6 LB"s in strut with 24 hens and jakes mixed on Saturday. Beautiful site!

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » March 22nd, 2010, 2:56 pm

Rolly welcome to the the turkey&turkey hunting wed page this is a great bunch of guys with alot of infor.on turkey hunting.I have been seeing a few birds in feilds too but have hear any gobbling yet.Just want to know if any east Tenn. hunters got draw for the Chuck Sawn hunt for this weekend ?I got next weeks hunt need some scouting help where to hunt at,have some ideas where to go.

Rolly

Postby Rolly » March 22nd, 2010, 3:23 pm

Thanks for the welcome rbewilson. I used to hunt chuck swan but have no idea as to where to hunt now. I used to scout out an area only to arrive there and find someone with their flashlight in my eyes. Also there was alot of people(won't call them hunters) that ride the rodes and try to raise a bird by crow calls,goose calls, and my personal favorite...slamming truck doors. I would suggest that you get as far off the road as you can ....It is worth the walk. Good luck.

bfillers

Re: Upper East Tennessee

Postby bfillers » March 7th, 2013, 1:31 pm

:D Saw a sttrutter two weeks ago and then 4 longbeards later that day. This was the end of Feb. plenty of sign scratching, feathers, etc.

rbewilson

Re: Upper East Tennessee

Postby rbewilson » March 7th, 2013, 7:47 pm

bfillers welcome,what part of upper east Tennessee do you hunt

Return to Tennessee