Buying my tag online...

Gopherlongbeards

Re: Buying my tag online...

Postby Gopherlongbeards » January 21st, 2012, 7:32 pm

Snow in the BH in April is certainly a possibility. So is 70F and Sunny. We usually are out there the first week of May, and have had at least one day of snow the past few years. Although 4 years ago in April we had 70's all week. Its really not too big a deal, unless you're planning on camping.

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » January 22nd, 2012, 12:51 am

10-12 inches of snow in 3 days is to much for me to want to fool with i love turkey hunting but will not hunt turkeys in blizerds or over 10 inches of snow it hampers turkey movements also it will keep turkeys in there roost tree or its general vicinity for a few days if its a blizerd/deep snow...

last year in MN we had 7-8 inches of snow dureing our season my brother & uncle were able to harvest snow gobblers i missed my gobbler the monday b4 the snow & the snow shut me out but turkeys were taken dureing that storm its just not that fun for us or the turkeys to be out dureing that kind of weather... i have had snow on 3 MN spring hunts dureing the 3 rd wk of april so i should be used to it but??? now i avoid early season out of state hunts if i dont want to worry about weather witch for me means late late may hunts out west i have had better luck with both the weather & turkeys in late may...

roycefromrc

Postby roycefromrc » February 12th, 2012, 2:45 pm

You might stop in to the SD GF&P in Rapid city(25mi) from Sturgis.Along with all the millions of acres of public hunting we have a Controlled Hunting Access Program ,with 3600 private acres just south a Sturgis you can hunt. I bagged a nice one there last year,itll be wrth your time. Also bring cold ,wet weather clothing along with survival gear,its not gonna be hunting in someguys 40 acre food plot. Last year the weather was prfect on opener,highs in the 50s. You can probably find everything at SDGF&P.gov Have a great trip.
Royce
caution: I make bad decisions.

perrysbirds

Postby perrysbirds » February 16th, 2012, 8:56 am

roycefromrc wrote:You might stop in to the SD GF&P in Rapid city(25mi) from Sturgis.Along with all the millions of acres of public hunting we have a Controlled Hunting Access Program ,with 3600 private acres just south a Sturgis you can hunt. I bagged a nice one there last year,itll be wrth your time. Also bring cold ,wet weather clothing along with survival gear,its not gonna be hunting in someguys 40 acre food plot. Last year the weather was prfect on opener,highs in the 50s. You can probably find everything at SDGF&P.gov Have a great trip.
Royce

Cant wait....I counting down the days...
Sounds like from what im reading that I could see any kind of weather...Im praying for nice weather...
Also sound like there will be no problem finding public land as well to hunt in SD...
I asked the Land owner of where Im hunting in Wyoming if he could point me in the right direction to where I could hunt public land in SD and he told me he wouldnt have a problem...told me he knows right where to put me..lol

Previous

Return to South Dakota