8 more days.

SCHUNTER

8 more days.

Postby SCHUNTER » March 23rd, 2012, 9:02 am

probably going too be the longest.been seeing a good amount of birds 9 in the field the other day 3toms-4-jakes and 2 hens. and a bunch of single birds from time to time.how is everyone else doing so far?Morgan are you having any luck. and has the heat had any effect on the birds down there?

1Morgan

Re: 8 more days.

Postby 1Morgan » March 24th, 2012, 7:21 pm

Tagged my 1st bird today. The heat (or something) has got em pretty much shut down in the mornings. They've been firing up after 11am. There have been limited gobbles from the roost. I've seen strutters all during the afternoons (not on my lease of course!!) They are still pretty flocked up but starting to break apart. I'll be with em in the roost tomorrow anyway!! God, I love turkey hunting!!
South Carolina Low Country

SCHUNTER

Postby SCHUNTER » March 25th, 2012, 10:09 am

Congrats on the bird.and thanks for the info.where are the photo.was watching the weather and it looks like it will be a little cooler this week mid 70 not 80.hope it cooler the open week. took off Mon. -Tue.-Wed. went down to the club Fri. morning and seen 3 in the back field. good luck and let me know when you are ready to come up this way.

SCHUNTER

Postby SCHUNTER » March 25th, 2012, 10:20 am

OK just flipped over to the contest threads and seen the photo.nice tom.and 16lbs is not too small.about an average weight for the birds around here. you will see a bunch from 15-18lbs and then you get a few over that around my neck of the woods.

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » March 25th, 2012, 5:59 pm

Thx, man. I don't have a chance of getting your way this year I have a 4 month old at the house and the wife would kill me!!

He sure looked heavier than 16lbs when I pulled the trigger!!
South Carolina Low Country

Return to South Carolina