time is short

MAK

time is short

Postby MAK » May 22nd, 2009, 6:30 am

I'm probably the only guy left with tags, but good luck to anybody else still after them! Last day is Monday 5/25 for PA. bo

Watch out for those belly draggers, they are out and about too - dang I hate snakes.

trkynut54

RE: time is short

Postby trkynut54 » May 22nd, 2009, 12:51 pm

Don't worry about those snakes, you have a shotgun don't ya? [:D]  I'm taking my buddy out on the 25th, we've been hunting this gobbler all season with no luck so far, I think he has 9 lives, plus he has about 33 hens he's been taking care of. If we happen to do get him we're having a big celebration afterwards. 
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » May 24th, 2009, 11:36 am

I still have a tag, and believe it's very possible to get a gobbler on the last day. I've been pretty tied up with things that conflict with turkey hunting the last 10 days or so, but I will be out there in the morning to make every effort to fill my seconed PA tag.

Good luck to all.

Steve
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » May 25th, 2009, 10:05 am

Well, I couldn't prove that it's possible to get a gobbler on the last day, but a game warden I know did. Congrats to him -- those guys don't get to hunt enough.

Steve
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

trkynut54

Postby trkynut54 » May 25th, 2009, 10:31 am

Went out this morning and didn't hear a thing, except a hen after I started calling. We left the farm and went on top of the mountain and did some runnin' and gunnin'. Saw a turkey along the road on the way up. It was a hen. It was real quiet today, it must be over around here, or we just weren't at the right spot. I can't complain since I tagged out the first week, but it would have been nice to call one in for my buddy. We hunted hard since the first week.  Oh well, now we have to wait until the fall season rolls around. 
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » May 25th, 2009, 5:11 pm

Hi trkynut54
You are right they didn't gobble today but Sun. they blew it out I heard 6 birds Sun. today only one go figure!
Turkeybuster

wingbone

Postby wingbone » May 26th, 2009, 2:20 am

I think the anti-hunters are giving the turkeys our game laws. Took my bicycle out for a ride this morning and saw a gobbler and two hens in the middle of the road as if they knew our season was over.

MAK

Postby MAK » May 26th, 2009, 10:17 am

Tag soup for me - dang I hate when that happens!

Lots of gobbling Saturday, but very quiet Monday in my woods.

3 of us passed one back and forth for the last 3 weeks. We had a blast, learned alot and he's still up on the mountain spitting and drumming his heart out. 

He was with 5 hens Friday when my buddy worked him, by himself Saturday when I had my 2nd try at him and gobbled his head off Monday when our other buddy gave him a go. We all had him as close as 50 yards, but just wouldn't close the distance. I think it would have been different had we tag teamed him, but our hunting schedules didn't work that way, and we'll turn him into a legend in the years to come with the way things played out.  When does fall season start???

Congrat's to all that scored!

MAK

Return to Pennsylvania