Preparing for Fall Season

Turkeybuster

RE: Preparing for Fall Season

Postby Turkeybuster » November 3rd, 2010, 1:22 pm

Thanks Mark I can't speak for Bob but I need all the help I can get.
Jon [;)]
Turkeybuster

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » November 3rd, 2010, 1:26 pm

Bob I would like to make the banquet this year I have never attended it but hear it is nice. I may try to go this year it would be nice to meet you and Mike.
Jon

ORIGINAL: rsmithpa

Jon, He makes great calls and is a super nice guy.  Spent a lot of time with him this summer and fall.  I just finished writing an article about him and going to submit to PA Turkey Talk, look for it in January. I think they will publish it.  I am bring Mike to the State banquet in January up at State College.  If you go, look us up!

Bob
Turkeybuster

rsmithpa

Postby rsmithpa » November 4th, 2010, 4:57 am

Thanks Mark,  I could use a little help as well. Hope you did well in Ohio?  I will be taking several walks in the woods next week. I hope it was better than last year.

Bob
Full Fans, Longbeards, and Sharp Spurs

mark hay

Postby mark hay » November 4th, 2010, 9:08 am

We have 26 more days of season left here . Thinking about going this evening though they are predicting rain and the wind is pretty stiff .
 I've enjoyed every outing . Passed on 5 hens that came to the brass trumpet on opening morning . Just the fact that they were so vocal and came on the run about ruined me . It was the first time I actually ran the call in the woods ,,,and am tickled silly with satisfaction . Them ol' girls came yakkin' and stopped right at 12 steps from my double [:D].
 Now if I can get a tribe of longbeards to do the same you'll hear me hollerin' .

Best wishes feller .

rsmithpa

Postby rsmithpa » November 5th, 2010, 1:11 am

Mark, Glad to hear you had success witht your trumpet. THAT IS GREAT! Well the weather is not going to be good for a couple days here.  Big problem is the rut is on and the bow hunters are out in force along with turkey season.  Not going to be fun especially if you walk in on a bow hunter. Well, I enjoy the mountains and the time in the woods and we will see what happens. Good luck the rest of the way, I know you will do well.

Bob
Full Fans, Longbeards, and Sharp Spurs

Previous

Return to Pennsylvania