RoanokeGbblr

Postby RoanokeGbblr » February 24th, 2011, 8:40 am

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Been hunting turkeys a long time. Didn't know there were boards like these until a few days ago. Neat stuff. Not much going on in the North Carolina section. Whats up with that?

dewey

RE: new member

Postby dewey » February 24th, 2011, 8:46 am

Hey RoanokeGbblr welcome to the T&TH forum. I ma not from NC but there are a number of people on here that are from that area. Good luck hunting this spring.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

RCTaylor

Postby RCTaylor » March 8th, 2011, 12:48 pm

Here that there are lots of turkeys on the river. thinking about heading that way for a striper trip.

RoanokeGbblr

Postby RoanokeGbblr » March 9th, 2011, 7:57 am

RCTaylor, the Roanoke low grounds are loaded with turkeys. All of the state gamelands on the river hold turkeys. I don't have any experience with the public hunting though. I mostly hunt farms that i have leased for farming. The rock fishing is world class every spring. My advice would be to come up fishing when the fish are still around Hamilton area, because once they get to Weldon that is when the BIG crowds of fishermen show up. Good luck. Let me know if I can help.
Roanoke River

Return to North Carolina