WEATHER AND TURKEY REPORTS

fightingspurs

RE: WEATHER AND TURKEY REPORTS

Postby fightingspurs » April 10th, 2011, 4:04 pm

ORIGINAL: SpurHuntinHillbilly

We dont want the idiots either! I wish NYC would be turned into a district like Washington D.C. Maybe then the people of NY would have their voices heard. Same crap every year...they come up, get in the local bars and are loud and rude. Usually ends up with an ass kicking for them and they eventually go home. I piss in the reservoir every chance I can! Birds are on fire here in S.E. Georgia and I came close Friday morning but got busted because a buddy of mine wont listen. Swung the gun while the bird was in view and we all know how that goes. Coming home to Otsego County (Thank God) May 4th thru the 13th and I cant wait. Brothers and friends say the birds are starting to break up good and they are hammering on the roost. Wont be long now. Best of luck to all my fellow Upstate NY brothers this season!

Shoot em in the Face!

Mack

Hey Mack were in Ostego thats were im out of! Now if we can just keep the citiots out of here.......

Scott
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

grizzly

Postby grizzly » April 10th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Welcome back Lucas wondering where you've been [:)]wayne

arrowsonly

Postby arrowsonly » April 11th, 2011, 4:18 am

I think we lost a few turkeys here in WI & I think my MN trip is off [:'(]
Tornado's everywere ! I had 2 within' 10 miles of my house & my zone in Filmore/Houston county got CRUSHED again Hurricane force straight line winds in wide open farm country on the IA border...

Hope everyone is OK lots of Amish over here, no TV no phones, no warning plus it's bed time after dark !
May God watch over us...
look em' in the eye before you give em' the shaft...
be a man hunt public land...

Limb Hanger

Postby Limb Hanger » April 11th, 2011, 5:12 am

Was out on Saturday to visit my favorite spot, didn't see a bird or much sign; but saw a lot of coyote tracks. I was putting the sneak on a woodchuck (trying to get within recurve range), turns out Wile E. Coyote and I were after same target; he didn't stick around too long after he circled down wind. 
Meadowblaster Custom Turkey Calls

Just because he isn't gobbl'n, doesn't mean he isn't listen'n!

SpurHuntinHillbilly

Postby SpurHuntinHillbilly » April 11th, 2011, 9:44 am

Naw Im good Retranger! It was nasty and I was just about to step out of the truck before that one let go! Talk about some wrath of God storms down here...man. Fighting Spur I am out of Otego NY. If the season is anything like last season back home it will be awesome! 10 days on leave hunting, fishing and drinking some beers in front of the fire!

retranger

Postby retranger » April 11th, 2011, 9:46 am

Don't feel lonely Limb Hanger,,,I went out yesterday to my honey hole and same as you,,,,,,,,NOTHING,,,,,,,as far as turkey goes. Lots of deer sign. I really don't think the birds have busted up yet here. My honey hole is a power line on private and still snow all over the place. Some places it's 12 inches deep. I'm confident that they will be coming but may not be for opening day. Birds are tough to come by up here.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » April 11th, 2011, 2:55 pm

Well it is official they are split up and strutting fools I thought i seen alot of strutting and today found about a half dozen strutt zones alot of sign and alot of gobbling heard this morning....Great to see spring kick in here....
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » April 13th, 2011, 11:44 am

The turkeys might be in "spring" mode where u r fightingspurs but up here they havnt made a sound. Where i go bullhead fishing the turkeys r usually gobblin up a storm heard one twice yesterday and that was it. Havnt seen a single one struttin either, which is a good sign for us.[:D]
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

grizzly

Postby grizzly » April 14th, 2011, 12:25 pm

well 15 days to go the weather shapeing up and been hearing the toms up on the hill gobbleing every morning now for the last to weeks i'm really getting excited [:D][:D]wayne

SpurHuntinHillbilly

Postby SpurHuntinHillbilly » April 15th, 2011, 2:55 pm

Got across the border into FL this afternoon on a lease that my buddy is on. Had an Osceola come to 75 yards and hang up. 5 minutes later a hen off to my right ran over to him like a road runner and they walked back down into the cypress bottom.[:@] Staying in GA tomorrow morning and still trying to get my boy his first one. Home to NY May 4th and I cant wait to get out of Flat-landerville!!!

PreviousNext

Return to New York