WEATHER AND TURKEY REPORTS

retranger

RE: WEATHER AND TURKEY REPORTS

Postby retranger » April 5th, 2011, 2:34 pm

I always thought North NY and South NY sounded good!!!!! [;)] Yup all that melted but just got 2 more inches late afternoon and still snowing. [X(] We still have 2 feet on the ground!![X(][>:] Sure has been a looooooooong winter this year. I don't believe our birds have busted up yet. There sure won't be early breeding like we had last year.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » April 6th, 2011, 2:39 am

yep South ny would keep that crap hole of a city as there capitol and would have albany.. And it has been a really long winter we dont have the same snow on the ground as u do but our birds are starting to break off. Lots of gobbling going on here now if only i can keep the citidiots out of here......
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

retranger

Postby retranger » April 6th, 2011, 4:15 am

I know what you mean. When I was in the catskills before I transferred up here the first week of deer season there were way more cities than local hunters. They are talking up in the 50's here at the end of the week so that should help us out.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » April 6th, 2011, 10:55 am

by next monday the low 60s hell yeah.......

retranger

Postby retranger » April 8th, 2011, 7:48 am

HOLLY COW IT'S 50 DEGREES[:@][:@] Yesterday I got off this plateau and went and checked out a new area I got permission to hunt. There was still snow in the woods down there. Made it hard walking, sometimes on top and next step you're a foot down. [:(] No turkey sign but lots of deer sign and saw 3 deer. I don't believe the flocks have broken up yet. I still have about 16 inches in my yard, not counting the snow banks.

grizzly

Postby grizzly » April 8th, 2011, 10:15 am

warming up [:)] turkeys are getting busy[:D][:D] season is getting closer[:D][:D][:D] what more can say[:)]wayne

SpurHuntinHillbilly

Postby SpurHuntinHillbilly » April 9th, 2011, 12:38 pm

We dont want the idiots either! I wish NYC would be turned into a district like Washington D.C. Maybe then the people of NY would have their voices heard. Same crap every year...they come up, get in the local bars and are loud and rude. Usually ends up with an ass kicking for them and they eventually go home. I piss in the reservoir every chance I can! Birds are on fire here in S.E. Georgia and I came close Friday morning but got busted because a buddy of mine wont listen. Swung the gun while the bird was in view and we all know how that goes. Coming home to Otsego County (Thank God) May 4th thru the 13th and I cant wait. Brothers and friends say the birds are starting to break up good and they are hammering on the roost. Wont be long now. Best of luck to all my fellow Upstate NY brothers this season!

Shoot em in the Face!

Mack

retranger

Postby retranger » April 9th, 2011, 1:37 pm

Mack been wondering where you have been, thought maybe you got whipped out in that storm!!!!! Glad the birds are behaving your way. I went out on Thrusday and never saw any sign whatsoever nor did I hear anything of a bird. Its a new area I have and looks great for birds, nice white pine for roosting, brook for water and acorns. I was still wading through snow, sometimes I was on top and then I would post hole a foot. Don't think our birds have broken up yet. I don't have very many folks I hunt with. If somebody needs a little help I will take them out but normally I am by myself. Keep after them and you'll get one before you get home.

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » April 10th, 2011, 10:29 am

This is my first post in awhile, forgot my password somehow and tried having them send my login info 2 my email but it didnt work, finally remembered it 2 day.Anyway, 2 the important business. My father saw a flock of 15 hens at the farm where we hunt a week ago all by themselves, i saw a bunch near r house one was a HUGE GOBBLER all by himself cant wait to get into the woods during youth season to get my brother his second turkey cant wait for the season!!! by the way anybody on here fish for spawning rainbows, ive been doing it quite a bit.
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » April 10th, 2011, 4:01 pm

ORIGINAL: Mossberg835

This is my first post in awhile, forgot my password somehow and tried having them send my login info 2 my email but it didnt work, finally remembered it 2 day.Anyway, 2 the important business. My father saw a flock of 15 hens at the farm where we hunt a week ago all by themselves, i saw a bunch near r house one was a HUGE GOBBLER all by himself cant wait to get into the woods during youth season to get my brother his second turkey cant wait for the season!!! by the way anybody on here fish for spawning rainbows, ive been doing it quite a bit.

Hey 835!! Long time good to hear from ya
talk soon Scott

PreviousNext

Return to New York