Almost!!!

Mossberg835

Almost!!!

Postby Mossberg835 » May 18th, 2011, 12:11 pm

Last week i went out on some property i secured permission to hunt on for my dad and i. I was excited b/c the hunting group that owns it dont even hunt turkeys, just deer, and i always hear at least 5 gobblers lettin it rip up there. Anyways, dad and i went out and got talkin with a hen for a little bit. dad had to leave at 7:40 b/c he had work to do. I kept calling and 10 minutes after he left, i looked to my right and a gobbler was standing right there. I called, he started strutting and one gobbled behind him in tjhe woods. He strutted up the hill and then i saw either a jake or a hen, wasnt sure, and then the boss stepped out only 25 yards away, but both turkeys had come out to my extreme right, and i never could switch to my left hand. The boss gobbled and strutted but wouldnt come in.[:@] The other gobbler finally gobbled when he got far away enough from the boss, and then they went out of site. Thats the first time ever i have had any turkey within 50 yards during the spring(been 6 years, started when i was 12, now im 18) because i never had a place to hunt that had turkeys, and now i do. Hopefully ill get one of them later this week when all this crappy weather ends. ah, so close but so far away, i could taste my first spring turkey, but it wasnt to be, wont give up though. Cant kill one on the coach.[:D][:D]
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

fightingspurs

RE: Almost!!!

Postby fightingspurs » May 18th, 2011, 12:40 pm

Way to go! Its always exciting to get them in close good luck Next week is supposed to be very nice and hot so they should be fired up....Scott
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

Return to New York