outraged maybe

grizzly

outraged maybe

Postby grizzly » May 16th, 2010, 4:36 am

have a friend telling me that n.y maybe allowing the use electronic calls for turkey hunting next year when i asked why he said it was to get more people to hunt . i feel that learning how to call is the most basic element to the joys of turkey hunting.there are those who think it's alright because it will get more people out there if they don't have to learn have to learn how to call . but i think this is just another why for the state to make more money .[;)] wayne

swpatrkyhunter

RE: outraged maybe

Postby swpatrkyhunter » May 16th, 2010, 5:39 am

Great! Just what we need! A bunch of people in the woods who are too darn lazy to learn how to use a call.  It's kinda like if you went to the symphony and the violin section decided to use recordings instead of learning to play.  I'm all for getting more hunters in the woods but it needs to be "HUNTERS" Not just people. And definitly not people who would be too lazy to learn to use calls.
If it gobbles,runs on gas, or is married to you it will give you trouble!

grizzly

Postby grizzly » May 16th, 2010, 5:47 am

just so you know where i stand on this i feel that's it just plain wrong[:)] wayne

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » May 16th, 2010, 5:51 pm

It seems to me that if electronic calls are permitted to be used turkey hunting, then the hunter using that call ought to be required to wear blaze orange too.

Part of the challenge & fun of turkey hunting is learning their language and doing your best to replicate it and communicate with them.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

DBraman

Postby DBraman » May 16th, 2010, 6:03 pm

I couldn't agree more with you all. I think the use of electronic calls defeats almost the entire purpose of turkey hunting. Cut N Run, to add to their blaze orange I think they should use a spear for a weapon. If they allowed people to spotlight them out of the roost trees they would get more hunters; with the same ethics. Just my opinion.....
Mellon Creek Outfitters
www.melloncreekoutfitters.com

OakRoadHunter

Postby OakRoadHunter » May 18th, 2010, 1:37 pm

What a fubar idea in my opinion. Maby if they extended the hunting hours like many southern states and let people hunt all day insted of just ti'll noon?  That would work far better with my hectic Schedule.  
Calling 'um up close

longspur

Postby longspur » May 18th, 2010, 7:09 pm

For some reason I doubt this will ever happen. The all day hunting sounds like a good idea. I also think we should also have a bow only week. Maybe sometime like a few days before regular season, like the five days preceding the youth season. I would like that a lot. 

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » May 19th, 2010, 1:23 pm

I don't agree with the bow only for a week longspur. With the way bows are made these days bow hunters are very proficent with them. With the short window of opportunity there is to hunt the turkeys before they change their behavior and go silent, I think a week of bow only would give an unfair advantage to bow hunters. Time to be able to hunt is fleeting for most. If someone chooses to hunt with a bow rather then a shotgun it's their personal choice, makeing special times for them to hunt is silly. If I ever choose to hunt turkey with a bow then I will do so without expecting any special treatment because I chose to use a bow. Just my opinion. Not trying to ruffle the feathers of any bowhunters out there.
If it gobbles,runs on gas, or is married to you it will give you trouble!

Fargohunt

Postby Fargohunt » May 19th, 2010, 4:32 pm

I agree with everyone here...this would be a HUGE mistake and since I know several officials in the NYSDEC, I plan on making some noise with each one of them.

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » May 20th, 2010, 7:06 am

UNREAL!!!!! Im a call company who prides our selfs on our calls we produce and now the rotten apple is going to do this WTF!!!!!!!Thanks blind man.....
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

Next

Return to New York