Looking to May 1st in N.Y.

grizzly

Looking to May 1st in N.Y.

Postby grizzly » April 6th, 2014, 6:39 am

Well the weather here is much improve temps have been in the mid 50's and the snow is gone . Sadly with the snow banks melted off it's easy to see just how bad the winter was on the local deer poup. . On the bright side the warm weather has got the turkeys out, every day the last week on my way home in the afternoon I have seen them out in the fields . With the spring being late this year and opening day just 3 weeks away i'm looking for a good season this year even with fewer birds i'm seeing some really nice toms .....wayne

mlisandro

Re: Looking to May 1st in N.Y.

Postby mlisandro » April 17th, 2014, 2:21 pm

Hey Grizzly. Weather is sure improving in Sullivan county at least. I did some scouting last weekend and the thunder chickens were hammering - I am seeing a lot of them unlike the forecast. I have the same tactical plan for this weekend. BTW, I have become even more useless at home (the boss hen at home is NOT happy) and work since gobbler season is around the corner. I will keep you posted of my findings this weekend.

mlisandro

Re: Looking to May 1st in N.Y.

Postby mlisandro » April 22nd, 2014, 7:12 am

Hello All. I did some additional scouting this past weekend in Sullivan county and experienced a dead day on Saturday and an awesome one on Sunday. Not much was seen or heard on Saturday but the thunder chickens were hollering and showing off on Sunday. I can't wait until May 1st. Happy and safe hunting to all, Dr Juice.

Return to New York