were are you located

daniel ripley

were are you located

Postby daniel ripley » February 25th, 2014, 6:43 pm

Hi, got back on the site after about 8 monthes and noticed that like 5 people asked were i was from and i did'nt respond (sorry). So now i'm going to ask you guys from ny i live around cortland- homer area ( if you've heard of ripley farms thats us) were do you live?
[imghttp://genesis9.angzva.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/gbuster3.jpg]before%20and[/img]after

retranger

Re: were are you located

Postby retranger » February 25th, 2014, 8:48 pm

I live in Lake Placid. Been around your area some. Most of the NYers have left for some reason. Used to be quite a few of us but as you can see from the sight ,,,,,not many now :(
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

JeffCrez

Postby JeffCrez » March 8th, 2014, 9:58 am

Hi Daniel, Retranger, This has been the winter from Hell both snow and prolonged cold temps. Right now the snow cover
is frozen solid here. I don't think the deer and turkeys are moving much. Daniel, I'm in Dutchess county. (Hudson Valley)
but hunt in Otsego county. Retranger are you heading north soon? (don't be in a hurry, winter not over yet)....JeffC.
"Fall hunting is maneuvers, Spring hunting is war".......Tom Kelly

retranger

Postby retranger » March 10th, 2014, 7:04 am

I won't be headed north till the middle of April and will stop in Va for a bit. I suspect I will arrive at home around the 1st of May. Won't be doing much scouting but I hunt the same area all the time, so not really a big deal. We didn't get a lot of snow around home but they did have more -20 and -30 temps than normal.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Return to New York