Where is everybody??

Mossberg835

Where is everybody??

Postby Mossberg835 » February 19th, 2013, 12:43 pm

Hello fellow NY'rs, just wondering how everybodies winter has been and if you are starting to get excited like me. Cant wait to hear that first gobble while im out trout fishing
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

grizzly

Re: Where is everybody??

Postby grizzly » February 19th, 2013, 3:49 pm

i'm here mossy . been getting though the winter by hunting yotes and bunnies . also have been restoreing an old farmell H tractor . like you can't wait till April 1st to hit the trout steams with my fly rod then it's only a month till turkey season . i have to say with the amount of turkeys i'm seeing out in the feilds right now it looks to be a good spring...wayne

retranger

Postby retranger » February 19th, 2013, 6:44 pm

Been watching the NY site here and wondering the same thing. Doesn't seem to be many on here that used to be since they changed the site format. I left my town the first of February and headed south. Have a son in Va, Winchester area. Came down 87 to Albany then 88 to 81 to Va. Did not see a bit of wild life on the way down, not even road kills. One day here in Va I did see half dozen toms beside the road and the only road kills are skunks!!!! Plan to continue south if all goes well and spend a month in Florida. I can't take the winters any more in my older years, but will head back up the middle of April so I'm back home for 1 May.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

retranger

Postby retranger » February 24th, 2013, 7:16 pm

Are we the only 3 in New York :?: :?: :roll:
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » February 24th, 2013, 9:42 pm

Im just wondering where everybody is in general and not just from NY???
Is it turkey season yet?

retranger

Postby retranger » February 25th, 2013, 9:33 am

I'm with you on that gobbler. Compared to last year this is a ghost site this year ;)

grizzly

Postby grizzly » February 25th, 2013, 6:00 pm

i think things will pick up once the season starts . i'm wondering if the fact that the overall number of turkeys seen to be down so now that the easy birds are gone so are the guys who just wanted to fill tags in a couple of hours so all that left is us diehards . also many of us are ageing and aren't getting out in the woods much any more and the kids for the most part just don't seem interrested .even dou the guys that are here seem to be good and true hunters and that's enough for me...wayne

daniel ripley

Postby daniel ripley » February 25th, 2013, 8:33 pm

hey i'm here can't wait!! now i am just practicing my calling and reading everything turkey,
Daniel
[imghttp://genesis9.angzva.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/gbuster3.jpg]before%20and[/img]after

retranger

Postby retranger » February 26th, 2013, 2:28 pm

I think it is something else Wayne, to many have disappeared that were on all last winter. Had lots of chats with fellows from all parts of NY.
Dan where are you located, sounds like you will get a gobbler this year.

turkaholic

Postby turkaholic » March 5th, 2013, 6:22 am

I have to say I feel a little bit behind by a week or two. I usually have to fight off getting pumped to early for the season. I have been busy but I can't hold it off anymore. I've been to all the sportsman shows around my area and got a few new calls. Got all my gear out this weekend to see if I need to repair anything. Started working the calls and looking forward to the first gobbles. If the weather behaves I should hear gobbles this weekend according to my records. I keep track of the first gobbles and have for over ten years now. I hunt near Cooperstown and love NY. I hunt the entire month of May in NY we have a camp, but also hunt my farm and some state land in CT. Glad to see you guys are still thinking turkey.
live to hunt hunt to live

Next

Return to New York