NO HENS PLEASE

grizzly

NO HENS PLEASE

Postby grizzly » October 22nd, 2012, 3:54 am

Hey guys i just seen a notice in the state DEC paper if i understand what i reading it right the NTWF is asking us N.Y hunters to refine from taken hens this fall because of low turkey numbers . i myself am going to follow this request. it is still legal to take hens and what you choose to do is up to you ....wayne

retranger

Re: NO HENS PLEASE

Postby retranger » October 23rd, 2012, 7:59 am

I did not know about this, but there doesn't seem to be a shortage in this area. Turkeys seem to be all over. I have seen more this fall than in the past.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

grizzly

Postby grizzly » October 23rd, 2012, 4:47 pm

the first i read about it was in the n.y outdoorsportsman the NWTF had an add . i have to agree with you Doug i don't get from what i have seen this fall the turkey numbers look pretty good and i tought the hatch was strong this spring ....wayne

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » December 15th, 2012, 3:14 am

Yea the hatch was very strong man. I saw a Tom of poults with hens, way more than I had seen in the past 5 years. Just saw a group of hens and probably jakes and jennies and another group of gobblers all in a small field the other day actually :D
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

Return to New York