1st spring turkey!!!

Mossberg835

1st spring turkey!!!

Postby Mossberg835 » May 7th, 2012, 7:59 pm

I finally did it guys. i got my first spring gobbler, and to top it off, it was a double bearded tom!!! Nice 2 year old, 17lbs, 8.75 & 2.5 inch beards, 3/4 inch spurs. Shot him at 8am yesterday. Story in the team 3 section. so amped and cant wait to get out this Saturday with my best friend Nate, first time i get to go with him, and we got one pinned. Hopefully we get it done :D
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

retranger

Re: 1st spring turkey!!!

Postby retranger » May 7th, 2012, 9:45 pm

Good job fellow!!!! ;) At least someone is getting birds. I know of none up my way. I have not seen, heard a bird all spring. My two honey holes have had birds for the past 10 years and this year ZIP!!! :( :(
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » May 7th, 2012, 10:29 pm

That's awesome!! I remember my first bird I killed, it was a jake on Easter morning and I was freakin pumped!! It's a wonderful feeling and I still get that excited every time I kill a bird. Again congrats on a great bird and good luck to you and your buddy hunting this weekend ;)
Brian

grizzly

Postby grizzly » May 8th, 2012, 1:40 am

CONGRADS MOSSY on a fine tom and i hope you and Nate have a great hunt this week end . i'm in the same boat as Doug there seems to be a lack of toms this year i know they're here i see them in the feilds in the afternoon but they don't want to fire up in the morning wayne

Limb Hanger

Postby Limb Hanger » May 8th, 2012, 6:14 am

Congratulations! A 2 bearded bird, that's awesome.

Been hearing and seeing gobblers during every outing, seems they're being led away by hens. The gobblers that show interest get intercepted. The hens that did come in to the call haven't had a tom in tow.
Meadowblaster Custom Turkey Calls

Just because he isn't gobbl'n, doesn't mean he isn't listen'n!

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » May 8th, 2012, 12:08 pm

Thanks guys!! im gonna try and go back up and get one of those beard draggers, must have atleast 11-12 inch ropes, no lie. and i will enjoy my time with nate grizzly :D :D
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

Return to New York