N.Y. last weekend

grizzly

N.Y. last weekend

Postby grizzly » April 29th, 2012, 7:04 am

well guys this is the last weekend before the opener. i'm sure your getting things together. filling the pockets on your vest . patterning your gun and shell combo . finishing up the chores that need to be done . as we head out tuesday i want to remind everybody to be safe and make sure what you're shooting is a tom . good luck to all and good hunting ....wayne

msbadger

Re: N.Y. last weekend

Postby msbadger » April 29th, 2012, 8:50 am

Right back atcha!....Hope they're hitting dirt for all of us and be safe...All my gears been ready for days and the gun is patterning great as always....do need to paint the bead today...thanks for reminding me...cleaned it a bit to well the other day....lol
Snack bars and drink bottle are at the ready as well as a good supply of mints to keep my throat good for calling...tri pod and video camera at the ready...but will probably be too excited to use them
Hhhmm what am I for getting???...oooppps ya shells ...shot up the old ones and have two new boxes...of course the thermacell and extra pads and cartridges.......

retranger

Postby retranger » April 29th, 2012, 6:45 pm

...of course the thermacell and extra pads and cartridges.......

I have read about them, said that they get hot and person is subject to burns. Is that so :?: I have the bug skins from Cabelas and find that it works good. Guess we are lucky here as only been bothered with bugs the last part of the season.
:) Good luck to you all and like Wayne said be sure of your target :!: :!: :!:
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » April 29th, 2012, 10:49 pm

Just secured permission to 2 nice pieces of property. Saw a gobbler strutting at the one :D and a group at the other. Shot the gun and it was right on. The vest has all my stuff in it and is ready to go. Got some new muck boots and some new mossy oak camouflage and a turkey thugs hat. Can't wait to get out. Goin tomorrow morning to do some last minute scouting and pinpoint some birds. Hope everybody stays safe and good luck to all of you. Rock on and peace out.
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

msbadger

Postby msbadger » April 30th, 2012, 2:37 pm

I never put the Thermacell on near my body...in the blind it sits on a shelf or under my chair...in the tree stands it's on the foot platform under me or next to my foot...Went to get my tags....no tags...had to run to town to get new ones...10.00 ooppps...any ways...I pull in Drive...hhhmmm something missing ...What?...drives license back at the town clerks :roll: Good luck Tomorrow

retranger

Postby retranger » April 30th, 2012, 2:57 pm

MS sure hope your day tomorrow goes better than today. Thanks for the info. I found that the bug skins from cabelas works great ,,,, even on the little migets. Predicting chowers the rest of the week (till fri) here. Loking forward to some local pics!!!
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Return to New York