Call for my cousin

Support for hopelessly addicted turkey call collectors
Fargohunt

Call for my cousin

Postby Fargohunt » April 26th, 2010, 1:35 pm

Walnut box, curly maple base, purpleheart paddle with carved curly maple feather accents.

Each of the calls is hewn from a single block of wood, in this case walnut dovetail set into the base at the same angle as the box sides. The paddles curvatures are made with a hand held wood rasp after cutting the general shape with a jigsaw--I don't own a bench top sander--even if I did, I think I would still use the rasp--I like the control I have and actually enjoy the labor.

Gbln Fvr

RE: Call for my cousin

Postby Gbln Fvr » May 21st, 2010, 7:06 pm

Your calls are beautiful. Would love to own one. Do you sell and if so how much for something like that.

DBraman

Postby DBraman » May 22nd, 2010, 6:16 am

TEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is your season over yet man?????? Ha Ha Kidding!!
Mellon Creek Outfitters
www.melloncreekoutfitters.com

Fargohunt

Postby Fargohunt » May 24th, 2010, 12:33 pm

Gbln Fvr, Drop me a PM and we'll chat--I would love to make you a call, but as you can see some folks like Mr. Braman are impatient and he is on the top of the list.[:D] Check out other threads for more pictures--I use many wood combinations that suit your taste and or best suit the sounds of birds in your area of the country.

The season ends next weekend, but I am done--got too much else round the house to care for and oh yeah gotta start making calls[;)] Dan, let's catch up soon on the final design.

Best, Scott

Return to Call Collecting