MNDNR Called

charlie elk

MNDNR Called

Postby charlie elk » January 7th, 2010, 10:18 am

Wow, a kind MNDNR lady called me in order to complete my NR spring hunt app correctly. Seems I forgot to list the zone--- can't believe I did that. In the old days my app would have been discarded. What a nice thing to do for a nonres hunter.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

simpzenith

RE: MNDNR Called

Postby simpzenith » January 9th, 2010, 9:35 pm

Might be because they make more money off of non-residents![:D]
2014 MN State & Iowa State Open Champion
http://www.CallingAllTurkeys.com

arrowsonly

Postby arrowsonly » January 10th, 2010, 4:23 am

[:D] This is typical for MN period! They actualy call it "Minnesota Nice" I started going there several years ago after talking to a Park Ranger named Rodger at Beaver Creek Valley State Park. He sent me a hand drawn map of areas to hunt, and even invited me to hunt on his private property the following year.
We stayed in touch for several years & I would stop to see him if I had a chance. Every were you go in SE MN you will meet people that will go out of there way to help you in any way.

Bruno
look em' in the eye before you give em' the shaft...
be a man hunt public land...

mconway951

Postby mconway951 » January 10th, 2010, 3:49 pm

ORIGINAL: arrowsonly

[:D] This is typical for MN period! They actualy call it "Minnesota Nice" I started going there several years ago after talking to a Park Ranger named Rodger at Beaver Creek Valley State Park. He sent me a hand drawn map of areas to hunt, and even invited me to hunt on his private property the following year.
We stayed in touch for several years & I would stop to see him if I had a chance. Every were you go in SE MN you will meet people that will go out of there way to help you in any way.
Bruno

This is true I grew up there and i really miss that type of attitude.
Mathews DXT
Winchester SX2

dewey

Postby dewey » January 12th, 2010, 3:32 am

It is good to know that there are still nice people out there and they are willing to help complete strnagers out.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Return to Minnesota