GOT MY MN LONGBEARD THIS YR BEEN AWHILE

turkey junky

GOT MY MN LONGBEARD THIS YR BEEN AWHILE

Postby turkey junky » April 29th, 2013, 9:00 am

hey guys im just re posting my success in MN on the MN thread this is the short version the full story is posted on the team 1 thread under same title maybe dewey will post the pics i send to him here also???

any way boys been like 3-4 yrs of bad luck & 1 missed longbeard since i have harvested a MN turkey let alone a TOM i helped out my younger cousin & gave him a killer hunting spot now he burrowed in like a tick there so i went looking for a new area & struck out big time!!! well this season my cousin did not come down & what do you know i shot a longbeard by 8:30 a.m. the 1st day i was able to hunt in MN this season...

any way after a few extra trips back to my van to get water bottle & mouth calls i got set up at a spot a wanted to kill a bird for yrs & low & behold there were birds wear they needed to be & i ended up kee kee running a longbeard & a hen into the gun after a some walking back & forth & calling from different areas acting like a hen that could not or did not want to go to the gobbler way down in a hollow he came up & then went back down then back up some steep bluffs to come to me & it was a beautiful cold morning hunt that worked out damn near perfect & that rarely if ever happens to me in MN its my hardest area i hunt each spring just hard head hush mouthed easterns but it was a great hunt after a few yrs of being kicked in the nuts by these MN birds!!!

2 yr old 21-23 pound a little over 3/4 spurs 8.3/4 - 9.0 inch thick beard a solid 2 yr old MN bird im more then happy!!!

well off to SD prairie unit come late may & maybe a KS NE or WI hunt on the way back home from the SD hunt if we have success out in the SD prairie unit it will be our first trip there so if we get a bird each we will be happy & maybe add KS to the trip??? got a buddy going to NE late late season so i may catch a ride with him for that hunt???

happy safe hunting to all you guys good luck guys the SE MN & SW WI turkeys should be acting write in like another WK id guess hope the weather hold looking iffy for the next wk???

Gopherlongbeards

Re: GOT MY MN LONGBEARD THIS YR BEEN AWHILE

Postby Gopherlongbeards » April 29th, 2013, 9:08 am

Congrats TJ, looks like your season is starting to turn around :D

dewey

Re: GOT MY MN LONGBEARD THIS YR BEEN AWHILE

Postby dewey » April 29th, 2013, 1:19 pm

Here are some pictures of turkey junky and his Minnesota gobbler.

Congratulations on the gobbler TJ!

Dewey
Attachments
TJ's MN #1 2 of 2.jpg
TJ's MN #1 2 of 2.jpg (149.92 KiB) Viewed 321 times
TJ's MN #1 1 of 2.jpg
TJ's MN #1 1 of 2.jpg (160.48 KiB) Viewed 321 times
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Return to Minnesota