TRADE UR UN-USED TAGS IN & HUNT SOME MORE GUYS

turkey junky

Re: TRADE UR UN-USED TAGS IN & HUNT SOME MORE GUYS

Postby turkey junky » January 11th, 2013, 1:49 am

dosent that 2) rule or condiction mean that if i dont use a tag or fill a tag & there are left over tags i can buy a left over tag??? or dose it have to be for 1 of the last 4 hunt periods??? witch are not a lottery & are unlimited in number??? if there are left over lottery hunt time periods we should be able to trade 4 them as well???

im not as well read as many on this forum so i guess the 2nd part or condiction gives me the idea that i can trade in a un used tag if there are tags left over at least for the last 4 hunt periods??? am i correct or no??? sorry to i am really lost now??? lol

thanks for looking into the subject & for the heads up info charlie...

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » January 11th, 2013, 2:05 am

No, its like I thought. You can only exchange your tag if your season hasn't opened yet. If you do not kill a bird during your season you are not eligible to exchange it for another season. I thought it was very unlike MN to make a change like this, also explains why you can't find the info anywhere else. Good lord is there a state that prints more cryptic regulations than MN? pretty soon you will need to hire a lawyer just to interpret them for you...

dewey

Postby dewey » January 11th, 2013, 12:32 pm

Gopherlongbeards wrote:No, its like I thought. You can only exchange your tag if your season hasn't opened yet. If you do not kill a bird during your season you are not eligible to exchange it for another season. I thought it was very unlike MN to make a change like this, also explains why you can't find the info anywhere else. Good lord is there a state that prints more cryptic regulations than MN? pretty soon you will need to hire a lawyer just to interpret them for you...

The thing I don't get is why not put the language that Charlie found directly into the2013 SPRING WILD TURKEY HUNT APPLICATION PROCEDURES PDF? That way every hunter out there will see the new rule and be able to understand it. Not just hide it and only take the parts out you want to show. So not only are you supposed to read the 2013 SPRING WILD TURKEY HUNT APPLICATION PROCEDURES, 2012 Hunting regulations but also find each rule mad the DNR and make sure you understand each one :roll:

Very frustrating.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » January 11th, 2013, 12:46 pm

well now im back in the same boat i was last year man MNDNR blows chunks & is not in touch with its common hunter at all... you can tell by there wording & very small minded regs & rules...

very simple rules & regs could be passed & make some folks happy that are not so in love with this new unit change & unlimited tags for the last 4 seasons for the MN turkey season MNDNR is always playing catch up never forward thinking at all... except when it comes to wolf hunts...

any way im thinking less & less about MN turkey hunting & more & more about turkey hunting any wear else i cant really get into the MN eastern hunt to much any more especially after hunting WI they kill about how many turkeys MN has in the hole state simple math says WI is way better then MN my hunts last yr in WI public lands trumped the MN private land hunt we had last yr im very pleased with WI & its way it handles its turkeys very hunter friendly!!!

MN has just been up setting to me the last few yrs i still love our trout streams in the SE but our grouse are less then on the WI side same with pheasants & turkeys its just more game rich there east of the mississippi river ???

MNDNR needs to get a clue

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 12th, 2013, 12:02 pm

dewey wrote:The thing I don't get is why not put the language that Charlie found directly into the2013 SPRING WILD TURKEY HUNT APPLICATION PROCEDURES PDF? That way every hunter out there will see the new rule and be able to understand it.

Asked myself the same question. Any hunter and especially a NR would like trust the state's regulation synopsis is accurate. This gives me pause about hunting in my home state of MN without reading the entire law book and who has time or the patience for that?

30 years ago I worked with the MNDNR developing and teaching their Advanced Hunter Education program: spent 20 years as volunteer advanced instructor developing a lot of respect for the DNR and staff. Its been 10 years since I "retired" from teaching hunting over there, well actually new staff took over and decided a NR could not teach in MN any longer so the retirement was forced on me.
New staffing, no matter the organization usually changes things to reflect their views and ideas so perhaps, you'll have to wait for the pendulum to swing back for some improvement in DNR communication.
When I moved across the river 13 years ago I contacted the WDNR about volunteering to teach/develop an advanced hunter program. At that time those in charge would have loved to have me instruct. However, it had to be only the approved firearm safety program and I could not deviate from the script. As I had more contact with WDNR I came to understand why virtually every resident I met who rolled their eyes when the WDNR came up and referred to them as D-do N-nothing R-right. Slowly that is changing over here due new staff taking over and I like most of what I see happening.
So my only point here is hang in there, the MNDNR is going to change again sometime in the future, hopefully, improve. In the meantime we are hunters and we should just endure them, as you would a hemorrhoid; but enjoy hunting no matter what.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » January 12th, 2013, 12:58 pm

write on charlie... i hope our MNDNR in the SE MN at least try to catch up with the WIDNR in the SW of WI the areas are so similar & yet the turkeys seem to love the WI SW side of things much more??? as do the ruffed grouse & even pheasants in that region??? maybe its the amount of amish in the area that leave plenty of cover/habitat/food for the wildlife type of farming they do wear i hunt in WI??? i looked at the fields wear i hunted in SE MN & then in SW WI & they left stuble & edge cover around there corn fields in SE MN all turned over & or cut to the ground & very little left over waste grain was left & the hole edge cover farm the best & buffer the rest technique is pretty much gone in my neck of the SE MN woods our MNDNR in SE MN seems to be more concerned with improving rattle snake habitat instead of turkey habitat on the many tracts of MN state forest & WMAs in the region??? guess i got to find the MN amish...??? i have a few ideas on wear to look...??? lol

Previous

Return to Minnesota