so if you had a chance to say...

dewey

so if you had a chance to say...

Postby dewey » November 3rd, 2012, 11:25 pm

So I am up deer hunting in Northwest MN near Hallock and a friend and I are eating at the Caribou grill and we start talking to a nice guy next to us. We find out he is Bob Lessard the long term MN senator from International Falls. The topic comes to how to make hunting better in MN. I suggested to make maps of MN that show private and public land ownership for the entire state so that way a hunter can identify where to go legally. I listed the state of MT as a great example of the way to do it.

We discussed having lunch and talking about other issues, so what are the other main issues in MN that we/the MN DNR c ould do better?

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Gopherlongbeards

Re: so if you had a chance to say...

Postby Gopherlongbeards » November 5th, 2012, 8:51 am

Expand the walk in program, particularly in areas of the state without large amounts of public land (mostly the southern half). look at SD's walk in program and WI's VPA program as examples.

dewey

Postby dewey » November 5th, 2012, 10:12 pm

Great idea Gopher! If I have lunch with him I will bring this up. Does anyone else have any ideas on what they would like to see? I am not familiar with the WI or SD models for walk in land but I am familiar with how KS does it and I can't imagine they are too different. Another thing we talked about was expanding the elk herd in NW Minnesota.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Moore

Postby Moore » November 15th, 2012, 11:00 pm

no more drawing for spring turkey season.

Moore

Postby Moore » November 15th, 2012, 11:01 pm

Will you two be at the MN convention this year.I would like to meet up with the both of ya

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » November 16th, 2012, 10:36 pm

When and where is it? I would be interested.

dewey

Postby dewey » November 17th, 2012, 12:26 am

Gopherlongbeards wrote:When and where is it? I would be interested.

Is that the one in Alexandria?

Dewey

       

Moore

Postby Moore » November 19th, 2012, 10:35 pm

yes it is

Return to Minnesota