Questions on MN OTC tags

turkey junky

Re: Questions on MN OTC tags

Postby turkey junky » January 15th, 2013, 11:19 pm

it should work i thought? also can you not just wait & see if there are any left over tags for the season you applyied for??? & if there is more then plenty tags left just waste your drawn tag & get a late season tag dont feel bad many hunters dont go hunt there drawn season for 1 reason or another you are paying 3-4 times what a resident will pay so you should be able to hunt when you want to???

MN NE KS all must be tied for 2nd but 1 day all

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 15th, 2013, 11:41 pm

dewey wrote:Charlie please don't read this as disrespectful

No need to worry about that dewey. I don't think I articulated myself well.

If drawn, I am not trapped into that license, I can just not purchase it and MN will grant me another preference point. Even if another season is purchased later.

My main concern is "if" I draw a tag for first season and choose not to purchase the license for that time period I have burned an opportunity someone else could have had. So I feel obligated to follow thru.

If I haven't purchased a license then there is no need to exchange it, just buy the one I want from the OTC bunch? But then what happens to the first season tag? Is it put up for sale OTC so another hunter can get it? Is the exchange deal helpful here? Seems to me it is not applicable unless I had already purchased the first season license. (at this time I haven't been drawn so its not an issue yet) I've been reading too many states regulations and some confusion may be setting in on my part.

I reread the license exchange law I posted at first read I thought you could not exchange a lottery license, that is not correct. You can if there are tags available in other areas. But then back to my concern above. I am over thinking all this.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 15th, 2013, 11:48 pm

turkey junky wrote:MN NE KS all must be tied for 2nd but 1 day all

Yours was posted while i was writing that last one. I didn't know NE and KS ended that late too. Maybe I should try the NE spear thing as the grand finale' :lol:
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » January 16th, 2013, 12:46 pm

yup they have been having the seasons run through may for at least 3 yrs i think maybe 4-5? i cant remember? i know i was in NE for the last 2 seasons they closed B4 may 31 roughly may25 was the last day that maid no sense as dose WI not having a longer season but? there is a issue with dissturbing hens on the nest i assume??? but i have busted hens off the nest in the 2nd season in MN they had all the eggs in nest & when i came back by the nest the hen had covered the nest with leafs lol when i busted her off the she acted all hurt & tried to get my attention so i did not find the nest... same as a woodcock will do if you happen on there nest in the spring time...

yeah charlie just back your self into a thick spot & put ur decoy just past ur blind window on side of blind & when the tom comes to breed her or show off just stab him with spear you dont even have to throw it that way??? lol i wonder if anybody has tried???

Previous

Return to Minnesota