Fall hunt?

largemouth19

Fall hunt?

Postby largemouth19 » September 20th, 2011, 9:29 pm

So I have never been turkey hunting in my entire life and was thinking about doing the fall hunt. Anyone got any tricks or anything to help me out? Are calls useful in the fall like they are in the spring? Is set up the same? I know there are lots of birds where I will be but that doesn't mean they will be sitting there waiting for me. Any tips at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

gobblez

Re: Fall hunt?

Postby gobblez » September 23rd, 2011, 7:55 am

If you know where there is a flock of birds, the odds go up dramatically. Find where they roost and get in there before light and set back and enjoy, you should hear lots of calling by the birds. I've had good luck calling back to them, pulling some or the whole flock to investigate. If they're not close enough to cleanly kill one, charge them and split them up, if you can get them to go in all directions, you've got a good bust. Within minutes they will start calling to re-assemble. Imitate their calling and one or more may come in. Good luck and enjoy the fall woods!

Here's a clip of some basic calls on one of my long boxes, fly down, cluck, yelp and kee kee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctzz0agkD-g

turkey decoy

Re: Fall hunt?

Postby turkey decoy » November 14th, 2012, 1:16 pm

Here are some good tips-

[url]bestturkeydecoy.com/2012/10/16/fall-turkey-hunting-tips/[/url]

Return to Michigan