New hunter seeking advice

paulie

RE: New hunter seeking advice

Postby paulie » March 11th, 2009, 3:00 pm

I'll have to check out some of the p/p calls. The DVD I mentioned, is meant to be used as an "instructional" tool on, calling, scouting and, patterning you gun (with a couple of hunts added in). I figured it "should" have some helpful information.   Thanks for the tips[:)]! 

krisbaugher

Postby krisbaugher » March 15th, 2009, 10:41 pm

HEY PAUL DO YOU NEED ANY HELP CALLING IN A LONGBEARD I AM GOOD AT IT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY HELP LET ME KNOW SOMETHING MY NAME IS KRIS AND I MAKE MY OWN WINGBONE CALLS THEY ARE PRETTY EASY TO USE ALL YOU DO IS SUCK IN A LITTLE BIT OF AIR FROM THE CORNER OF YOUR MOUTH JUST LIKE DRINKING FROM A STRAW [:D] MY SEASON DOSNT START UNTIL MAY 11TH TO THE 31 OF MAY BUT I AM INTERESTED IN CALLING IN A BIRD TO SHOW SOMEONE HOW ITS DONE AND LET YOU TAKE HIM OUT

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » March 31st, 2009, 11:01 am

Hey Paulie! I see you made the trip over to this forum as well! [:D] I too am hoping to get into the woods for spring turkey for the first time! We'll see how it goes lol! Lots of good info on here so far, thanks guys!

Just to introduce myself some, I am a COMPLETE NOVICE when it comes to Turkey hunting lol! [:D] So any stupid or newbie questions I ask i apologize for right now lol! My name is Matt Cain, i live in St. Clair County MI and as i said this will hopefully be my first year in the woods looking to shoot a turkey! I could of shot a few in the past while out deer hunting, but of course didn't lol! I look forward to challenge and learning a lot! I mainly deer hunt come fall, but i am falling more in love with the outdoors and hunting as i grow older, and adding turkey to the agenda has been in my mind for a while so heck, why not?! [;)] I hunt Between the Goodells and Memphis area in Mi, me and my buddy have about 400+ acres of private land all to ourselves for deer hunting, talked to the property owner and said we could turkey hunt on it as well, so that is where I am at now lol. I look forward to getting to know you guys and learning a lot!

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » March 31st, 2009, 11:24 am

Welcome to the T &TH forum Matt!

The spring is a wonderful time to be outdoors and I'm sure you'll love turkey hunting every bit as chasing those whitetails.

> any stupid or newbie questions I ask i apologize for right now <

No such thing as a stupid question brother, we all have to start somewhere. Fire away. If you don't like all of the traffic or possible sidetracks of the main forum, I'll help all I can right here.

regards-

Jeff
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » March 31st, 2009, 12:19 pm

ORIGINAL: Fan Club
I'm sure you'll love turkey hunting every bit as chasing those whitetails.

Im sure you are correct! [;)] Thanks Jeff, i really appreciate it! Im sure I will have quite a few questions for ya haha! [:D] By what most the guys I know say, the rush is just as intense as seeing a whitetail when you see that Tom strutting into range! I can't wait! I hope to be fortunate enough to attest to that feeling!

GBLRGTR

Postby GBLRGTR » May 22nd, 2010, 2:53 am

Hi Paulie,

I too hunt in Livingston County!! Have you had any success yet? My Son's and I all tagged out the first week of the. I have been on two hunts since then and they were successful as well. I am going out tomorrow morning with another friend. Can't stop chasing them.

I am a charter member of teh Livingston County Longbeards Chapter of the NWTF. We are having our Hunting Heritage Banquet on Friday June 4th in Brighton. Great place to talk turkey with other local hunters. PM me if you want all of the info. or call Montie Ocha 734-878-5772 for pre sell tickets. $60 for dinner and membership or just $30 for dinner and refreshments. We would really like to have new turkey hunters attend. The banquet is top shelf with lots of hunting stuff to win!!!

Previous

Return to Michigan