guided hunts???

How was your last hunt? Let's see!
pabeard buster

guided hunts???

Postby pabeard buster » January 18th, 2009, 2:55 pm

wonderin if anyone out there know of any good cheap all inclusive guided turkey hunting trip. i do not have that much expirience myself, and i would like to take my wife who has only sat in the woods for a few hours. we live in south central pa. the closer the better. but i would like to go somewhere that we had a good chance of killing, and i know that that is the midwest. n e way, ill leave it there for now, talk it up!

goble goble goble bang!!!

Gobblerman

RE: guided hunts???

Postby Gobblerman » January 20th, 2009, 10:04 am

pabb, you should probably move this up into the general discussion forum....might get better results in terms of responses.

Sorry I can't help you out with your problem, buddy, unless you are willing to come all the way to NM.

Jim

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » January 21st, 2009, 5:40 am

this guy might help he guide in pa and knows turkeys his name is steve sherk heres his email address abd phone number tell him ron  from olean refered you he hunted with me and my dogs... sherkler@hotmail.com......  ....814-558-0696...or 814-362-3405

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » January 21st, 2009, 9:31 am

Hello Pabeardbuster! I live in South Western Pa. I don't know what the Turkey population is like where you live but around here it is very hhigh! So high the Game commission traps birds from here to take to other parts of the state or to send to other states to help with populations.I know a guy that is not a professional guide but he has helped people who just don't know where to go or what to do. He takes kids out in the youth season to help tthem get there first birds and has a good knowledge of where to find birds around here. Every area I hunt has at least two flocks or more for me to hunt. Some of this is on private land but alot is on public land. I would be more than happy to show you and your wife some of these areas and help you get birds. Save your money and just take a drive to my neck of the woods.

pabeard buster

Postby pabeard buster » January 23rd, 2009, 5:17 am

swpatrkyhunter...

i live in gettysburg, and hunt in breezewood for the first day of both seasons. there are turkeys out here, but not all that many, and they are costantly migrating around. i guess the food sorces arnt good enough to stick around. so it requirses a good amouth of luck. i will definetly cosider treckin over there though. where do u hunt? and how heavily is it pressured?

anyone else with any info on pa turkey hunts let me know.
cluck cluck,
Gobble Gobble Gobble,
BANG!

greyghost

Postby greyghost » January 23rd, 2009, 7:17 am

Last few years I have hunted Greene county, Fayette county, Ohio Pyle State Park and surrounding SGL. Good success and lots of turkeys on the private lands. Will not be making PA this year due to a work commitment.

Earl 

Return to Photo Gallery • Post your hunting photos!