Got things going in Ohio

How was your last hunt? Let's see!
OHhunter

Got things going in Ohio

Postby OHhunter » April 20th, 2009, 7:23 am

Called this bird in for a buddy this morning, in a downpour.  We were surrounded by hens all morning, but he chose to come our way instead of going to either group of hens. Headed back out in the morning hope the weather is a little more cooperative.

Brad

"Without hunting there would be no conservation, without conservation there would be no wildlife."
-Rob Keck

mark hay

RE: Got things going in Ohio

Postby mark hay » April 20th, 2009, 8:42 am

hey BRAD ,
 good job ,,,congrats to ya. were you also among the soggy bottom boys ?
we hit the woods in two pairs and the boys went east and the new man and i went west . not too long after daylight we heard a gobble and closed the gap a mite . turned out to be a jake and one hen . not very vocal and only went to half strut once after coming in sight . of coarse he came in from the wrong side and Bob couldn't get on him . but he never spooked . he just took his girl and walked on up the hill .
good hunting

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » April 20th, 2009, 9:08 am

Yeah, we were pretty wet and cold, but it was a blast.  We herd one other bird gobble but he was a good ways off and on property we couldn't hunt.  Looks like it might be more of the same in the morning, 60% chance of rain.   Got camo and turkey close strung across the house right now trying to get it all dryed out before morning.
Brad

"Without hunting there would be no conservation, without conservation there would be no wildlife."
-Rob Keck

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » April 20th, 2009, 9:54 am

Congrats. on a good bird he should weigh about 30lbs. as wet as he is.
Turkeybuster

mossbergboy

Postby mossbergboy » April 20th, 2009, 2:25 pm

good bird. im considerd a youth and i was by myself and i called in a long beard shot him at 6 30. 22 lbs 9 inch beard and 1 inch spurs

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » April 20th, 2009, 3:22 pm

Sounds like a good bird congrats.
Brad

-Rob Keck

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » April 21st, 2009, 4:38 am

Just got in from this morinings hunt, shot this guy at 7:00 this morning came struttin and gobblin all the way across a long open ridge, to my set up.

Brad

-Rob Keck

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » April 21st, 2009, 7:07 am

I hear you!  Good looking bird.  That picture looks like it was taken pretty early in the day too.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » April 21st, 2009, 9:25 am

That picture looks like it was taken pretty early in the day too

Took the picture about 10 minutes after killing the bird, just long enough to get my temp tag attached and the camera and tripod set up.  Thanks to a tip from JPH a few years ago, I carry a small digital camera with a timer and small tripod in my pack.  So I can get a good picture when I'm hunting solo.
Brad

-Rob Keck

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » April 21st, 2009, 9:50 am

Nice bird dude. I still have to wait 9 days because i live in NY, but its comin soon. Congrats![:)]
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

Next

Return to Photo Gallery • Post your hunting photos!