ROOST GOBBLIN? ...WHAT'S THAT?

How was your last hunt? Let's see!
gruntandgobble

ROOST GOBBLIN? ...WHAT'S THAT?

Postby gruntandgobble » April 29th, 2009, 12:33 pm

Hunted the 1st day here in PA (April 25th). Never heard a gobble all day! Was windy, but we sat on a high spot where we could still hear em. Nothing! Hunted Ohio on Sunday the 26th. Almost same story (3 gobbles all day). Weathers been really hot (highs in the upper 80's). Hunted WV yesterday. 6 jakes came in, but never gobbled off the roost! Anyone else out there having similar problem?

mark hay

RE: ROOST GOBBLIN? ...WHAT'S THAT?

Postby mark hay » April 29th, 2009, 1:54 pm

i have been working on the same bird all week. each morning he gobbles more than the previous day . this morning i counted 50 gobbles from this one bird . but he actually gobble a while before i started counting , and continued long after i stopped at the 50 mark.
  he was the only gobbler i heard today . yesterday i heard 2 . one of them went silent after hitting the ground . they are still being visited for a couple hours each morning by the henbirds. it's been tough ! plus i messed up twice on the vocal bird yesterday. i just hope the toms run out of girls before we run out of season .

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » April 30th, 2009, 1:43 am

Last week I only heard about one bird each day gobbling from the roost, not for sure this week, I've been putting the kids on the bus before I go out.  So it's about 8:00 before I get out.  Buddy said they were gobbling like crazy yesterday on the roost, come to find out, a hunting guide who also hunts there was calling to them not stop before daylight, what a guide. 
Brad

"Without hunting there would be no conservation, without conservation there would be no wildlife."
-Rob Keck

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » April 30th, 2009, 3:41 pm

Not much going on in Pa.either.
Turkeybuster

Return to Photo Gallery • Post your hunting photos!