Hunting Room Photos

How was your last hunt? Let's see!
mark hay

RE: Hunting Room Photos

Postby mark hay » May 31st, 2009, 1:44 pm

Three very impressive rooms full of fine looking mounts . Don't you fellers have any unfilled tags ? Since Bobby put his post about CAPING , I have been caping some tags . But most will be full body mounts . I use tears instead of borax.

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » May 31st, 2009, 3:16 pm

Jim,

Good gosh man!  Thats an incredible collection and your taxidermy looks great. You're way to modest and holding out on us. 

Thats is an awesom collection  for sure.
To have the number one of anything is something.

To have the number 1 Gould is something to be hugely proud of.

I've got to contact someone I know who loves to hunt them and tell him about this. I can't afford to go after the Gould just yet.

I'm gathering you have a taxidermy business?

To say I'm impresed would be an understatement, it's more like blown away.

I'm bowing down with my hat in my hand.

Bobby    

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » May 31st, 2009, 3:38 pm

Hahaa, Mark!,...very funny!  You are always good for a laugh on this forum.  Keep 'em coming!

Thanks everybody for the compliments, but neither the animals (except for the Goulds) or the taxidermy work is that great in person!  No, I am not a professional taxidermist,...just have an interest in it, and years ago, nobody around here could do turkeys worth a darn,....so I finally said, "heck, I think I can do that!" so I just started from scratch, ordered all the stuff I needed including a video that showed me how to do it, and got with it.  After I had done a few turkeys, I decided to try some shoulder mounts, got another video, and found out that they were pretty easy to do, as well. 

I have done quite a few turkeys and a good number of shoulder mounts of various game for friends, but I am far from being a professional quality taxidermist.  I have the greatest respect for these turkey taxidermists that can put together a mount without a single feather out of place.  Some pros do incredible work!

Bobby, as for the Goulds and future Goulds hunting, keep in touch with me about it.  We have been going down to Mexico every year for several years now (except for this year because of all the drug-related unrest down there, which scared us off!).  If our situation doesn't change, we will have access to a great ranch with somewhere between 10 and 16 tags to use, and we've been getting a great deal. 

And please, no bowing!  Image

Now let's see more pictures from all of you guys out there!!

Jim 

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » June 1st, 2009, 10:57 am

Man those are some great rooms guys, it wont add up to your alls but I am going to have to get the camera out and take some pics of my basement. Jim, congrats on the number one Goulds, your not bragging at all. You boys have some great deer heads as well. Brad you said yours were all bow kills, my hat is off to you.

Previous

Return to Photo Gallery • Post your hunting photos!