Hunting Room Photos

How was your last hunt? Let's see!
Bobbyparks

RE: Hunting Room Photos

Postby Bobbyparks » May 28th, 2009, 12:20 pm

Thanks guys.

Jim the deer are all from Georgia. Eveything downstairs is from Ga except the Rios, Merriams and pheasants

I started out with a Winchester 1300, moved to a Mossberg 835, and bought a benelli M-1 Field about 6 years ago.

I love the Benelli and it's a good all around gun. 

mark hay

Postby mark hay » May 28th, 2009, 1:24 pm

That is a FINE looking hunting room , and trophies too.
Really appreciate the instructions on CAPING . I saw my first cape just a few months back at the Bed & Breakfast where my better half works . Been thinking of giving it a try , but just wasn't exactly sure where to begin , but was willing to go at it the best I could .
I reckon it requires a turkey . That is something I do not have ,,,,,at this time .
THANKS AGAIN

trkynut54

Postby trkynut54 » May 28th, 2009, 4:55 pm

ORIGINAL: rbewilson

Great looking room.

I'm speechless
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » May 28th, 2009, 6:49 pm

ORIGINAL: Bobbyparks

Thanks guys.

Jim the deer are all from Georgia. Eveything downstairs is from Ga except the Rios, Merriams and pheasants

I started out with a Winchester 1300, moved to a Mossberg 835, and bought a benelli M-1 Field about 6 years ago.

I shoot a Benelli SBE II graduated from a SBE. They are great guns.  I have probably taken more turkeys with my trusty Stevens single shot than anything, but those Benellis are catching up every year.

Nice deer. What did they score?

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » May 29th, 2009, 3:41 am

Awesome Room, I love it.  Here's a couple pics of my basement mostly deer though.

Brad

"Without hunting there would be no conservation, without conservation there would be no wildlife."
-Rob Keck

mark hay

Postby mark hay » May 29th, 2009, 1:08 pm

Very nice BRAD ,
Did all of those bucks come from Ross county ? They are some dandies ! Heck of a brush on that ''TAIL N BEARD '' mount too.
My '' HILLSIDE SPORTIN' ROOM '' looks more like a storage shed than a hunting room ,,,,,compared to you fellers .

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » May 29th, 2009, 1:36 pm

ORIGINAL: Cut N Run

ORIGINAL: Bobbyparks

Thanks guys.

I shoot a Benelli SBE II graduated from a SBE. They are great guns.  I have probably taken more turkeys with my trusty Stevens single shot than anything, but those Benellis are catching up every year.

Nice deer. What did they score?

Jim

Jim,
No record class stuff here. They range from 128 to 146 which is not bad for Georgia deer.

Brad your post has some real bruisers in them. The one on the second photo looks really nice. What did he total up to?

Looks like he'd go in the high 150's to 160 gross? 

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » May 29th, 2009, 5:31 pm

Did all of those bucks come from Ross county ?

Sure did, Mark.  All bow kills.  The beard and fan is actually my only double beard.  7 & 10 inches, the beard hanging on the fire place with all the spurs is my longest and first bird I called and killed solo.  It's 12 inches and was taken about 100 yds from where I killed the buck mounted over the TV.  I have 3 or 4 tails, beards and spurs in the freezer and my largest bird at the taxidermist.   He's getting mounted on a base that will fit nicely on the fire place, that's going to be my turkey corner. 
Brad

"Without hunting there would be no conservation, without conservation there would be no wildlife."
-Rob Keck

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » May 31st, 2009, 12:04 pm

Hey, this is great!  Very impressive stuff, Bobby and Brad.  Hope others that have displays of mounts, fans, capes, and "things" will join in.

I have one room that the "boss" allows me to put my mounts in, and since I do my own taxidermy (and am admittedly not great at it), it is kind of cluttered.  Here's a couple of pictures of the "dead room", as she calls it!  I know the pictures are pretty small,...if I can figure out how to make them larger, I will do that later)

Image And here's a few of the individual mounts 
Image The last two pictures are of the 8-bearded Goulds I took in Mexico three years ago.  For those of you that are interested in such things, he is the current #1 atypical Goulds in the record book.  I don't usually like to post his picture...makes some people think I am being a braggart (which I don't like to portray myself as)....I was really lucky to kill him, and he is being displayed here because of his own majesty, and I figure there is some interest out there...had nothing to do with any skill on my part....right place at the right time! Hope you enjoy! Jim 

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » May 31st, 2009, 1:26 pm

Great room Jim, that's an awesome bird and a great mount. Looks like you got some dandy deer in there to.
Brad

-Rob Keck

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Gallery • Post your hunting photos!