A memory forever!

How was your last hunt? Let's see!
Gobblerman

RE: A memory forever!

Postby Gobblerman » January 11th, 2010, 10:48 am

Hey, Fargohunt, welcome to T&TH!  I really enjoyed your story....thanks for taking the time to write it.  It brought back memories of my first gobbler....and I know exactly what you were feeling.  Nothing like it....and until you have experienced it, no amount of explaining to someone will make them understand.

As far as the picture posting goes, are you trying to download from a picture hosting site (like Photobucket)?  You may need to do that if you are not doing so already.  I went through the same problems when I was first trying to learn how to post.  It's a pain if you are a computer/internet illiterate like me.

Jim

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » January 11th, 2010, 11:41 am

Welcome aboard Scott. That was a great story and well written.
You'll like it here as there are some great folks hanging around.

The first encounters are never forgotten. Some in the future will run together but there'll be plenty that are branded into your memory for life.

Bobby
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » January 11th, 2010, 1:29 pm

Great first post and nice story Fargo, a lot of guys wouldn't take the time to type that much.

As far as the picture posting, Photobucket or another such hosting site WILL NOT work with this forum software. It used to, but about a year ago they switched software and now it has to be saved on a file in your hardrive. Also too big doesn't work here....600 x 400 jpg is about the right size. After clicking on "embed pic in post" and browsing, you should get a message that says file successfully uploaded.

If that still fails, e-mail the pic to me (it's in my profile) and I'll see if I can post it for you.

Jeff
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » January 13th, 2010, 5:42 pm

Scott,
It sounds like you're hooked as bad as the rest of us. Congratulations on your success & good luck in the future. I enjoyed reading the account of your hunts.

I felt your pain about picture posting.  It took me too long to figure out how to do it.  Thankfully, many kind folks here helped me and my serious lack of computer skills.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Fargohunt

Postby Fargohunt » January 14th, 2010, 8:49 am

Bobby and Jim,

Thanks guys.  You are right, there are no words to properly convey the feelings experience leading into, during and afterward.  I tried hard to explai it to my brotherin law so get get him more excited, but all I got was "Cool"  Sorry, but that doesn't quite fulfill what I experienced!

Oh and thanks for the welcome.  Not sure how much time I'll have to contribute, but I do more reading than anything else and you are right again, there are some very generous and knowledgeable folks on this discussion group, company included.

Fargohunt

Postby Fargohunt » January 14th, 2010, 8:58 am

Jeff & Jim,

I enjoy writing and I have often thought about taking up a notch or two and writing, well submitting is more like it, some of my stories to a few outdoor rags and see if they would be interested, but I digress...thanks for the kind words.  My wife thinks I write too much, but I am the sort of guy who likes the details, perhaps at fault, but no less it's me!

Jeff, I hear you and the frustrating thing is I have sized down the pic, below what you note and I DO get the message about a successful upload, but as you see still nothing[:@]

I am not at a place convenient to spend more time with this, but I will send you the pic soon, thanks for the offer.  Nonetheless, you and others must be doing something slightly different??

NYSuperSportsman

Postby NYSuperSportsman » January 15th, 2010, 5:35 am

Great post! What part of NY are you from. I am from Chautauqua County South of Jamestown. Some great turkey hunting in NY. Keep up the good work!!

Fargohunt

Postby Fargohunt » January 15th, 2010, 3:08 pm

NY Supersport, ah Nick that is...call me Scott.  I currently live in Lockport, about 30 minutes north of Buffalo, but hunt in the Batavia/Stafford area.  I have actually made 2 trips to Jamestown in the past 2 weeks for work, perhaps we should meet someday as my work will take me that area several more times over the next 8 months.  I haven't ventured very far yet, but may as the pressure in that area is pretty stiff.  Yoy probably know the type of cover, a lot of small wood blocks with plenty of broad open ag lands.  The southern tier as you know is pretty thick and while I would love to hunt that area, I don't know anyone down that way.

As you read, I have just started hunting, my rookie hunt will be tough to beat, but that doesn't matter as this seems to be the sort of thing that never gets boring no matter what happens.  No at 52 yrs old, I wish I had started at least 20 years ago--now that I have experienced what I have been missing.

Good to 'meet' you.

NYSuperSportsman

Postby NYSuperSportsman » January 16th, 2010, 11:47 am

Scott I go to school at Buffalo State so I live in Amherst for most of the year. I am have been through the stafford/batavia area before. Its nice country up there. It is very open for sure. I am used to a little more of a larger timber type areas. I have never even shot a turkey on a field edge.. I always hunt in the woods. I have always wanted to kill on in a field but I have never had the opportunity. Yeah I am lucky that I started hunting turkeys when I was 14 and now I am 24. It is addicting. Nice meeting you too. Keep in touch.

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » January 18th, 2010, 3:20 am

Picture posted for Fargo-

Nice gobbler Scott!

"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Gallery • Post your hunting photos!