Fan Club Scores

How was your last hunt? Let's see!
Fan Club

Fan Club Scores

Postby Fan Club » May 30th, 2014, 3:08 pm

IMG_1187 [].jpg
IMG_1187 [].jpg (74.73 KiB) Viewed 244 times

Hey Boys-

Sorry I've been gone so long, my wife's health took a turn for the worse and I've been busier than hell with visiting nurses, social workers, bath aides, you name it. Seemingly non stop scheduling this crap and I still work a full time job! Anyway enough bitching and on with the news.

I scored a dandy gobbler on April 22 nd, second day of my season. Bird weighed 22 lbs, had a 10 inch beard and 1 inch fairly sharp spurs. (May have been a 3 yr old, dunno)

It was cold, overcast and windy, with no foilage out yet and having rained the night before. I was checking low areas because the birds had gotten wet, when a gobble rang out above me up the hill. I got into a ditch just in time to watch a gobbler cross the two track, too fast to shoot at. A second tom followed and he stopped to look down the two tack...which was a big mistake. I folded him at 35 yards with the new Longbeard XR (4s) at about 70 feet higher elevation than where I was, almost like shooting up into a tree the angle was so severe. Anyways, I never had to call and I surely would have been busted had they not gobbled. Right place, right time! Hope y'all had a fantastic Spring!
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

kygobbler

Re: Fan Club Scores

Postby kygobbler » June 2nd, 2014, 6:45 pm

Sorry to hear about your wife.

That is a nice bird congrats.

Cut N Run

Re: Fan Club Scores

Postby Cut N Run » June 3rd, 2014, 7:21 am

Congratulations on tagging a fine gobbler, Jeff. Being in the right place at the right time makes a huge difference no matter where you're turkey hunting.

I hope your wife gets to feeling better soon.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Return to Photo Gallery • Post your hunting photos!