Next

How was your last hunt? Let's see!
dmcianfa

Next

Postby dmcianfa » April 20th, 2009, 5:55 am

It's on to my homestate of Michigan[:D];

Was very pleased with the results from Wisconsin this year.  Woke up and headed out to the field edge well before light surrounded by hoards of gobbles from my hawk call and owl hoots.  However, they weren't too vocal when the rain started later with no responses from yelps, cutts, clucks, or purrs.  This guy came out with a bigger brother and two hens hours later perfectly silent and who we affectionately describe as Cain and Abel.  They are the bullies on the block.  They have and will chase down every other tom, dick, harry and jake around that pasture for the past month and a half.  Cut and yelped at them once and both boys started at me, but only this one came within range.  The other just kinda hung back for the longest time never fully committing no matter what I threw at him.  After this one was getting way too close for comfort and the other wasn't making any move except maybe a few steps back the way he came towards the hens, I decided to drop this most respectable bird.  9" of beard w/ 1" spurs and one wet tail making him weighing in at 22 lbs.  I can't wait to see what his brother will look like next year as he was probably just a hair bigger in weight, beard length and girth.  Sorry the pic isn't all that great, but the old man isn't so good with technology and it was drizzling, so we had to make it a quick snapshot. 

"After eating an entire moose, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."

Fan Club

RE: Next

Postby Fan Club » April 20th, 2009, 7:15 am

Congrats Dom, way to go!

Looks like you really jelly-headed that one.

Thanks for sharing your picture and story... I'll be looking for your future success in the Michigan forum.

[;)]
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Turkeybuster

RE: Next

Postby Turkeybuster » April 20th, 2009, 9:58 am

Congrats. on a real nice longbeard!
Turkeybuster

Return to Photo Gallery • Post your hunting photos!