Playin' hooky

How was your last hunt? Let's see!
Cut N Run

Playin' hooky

Postby Cut N Run » April 17th, 2009, 3:19 pm

I'm too long-winded with the story because the dang thing keeps timing out and this is the third time I tried to post it.

Long story short;  The Boss left onto a neighboring property and this bird came up the logging road about 300 yards west about 10:05. I cutt & yelped once about 15 minutes before he showed.  He was in strut, spitting & drumming when I first saw him. I eased the safety off when he went behind some trees and I busted him with 2 ounces of #6 @ 19 yards when his head was clear of the trees.

He weighed 22 pounds even at the game check station and has a 10.5 inch beard with matching 1 inch spurs, giving him a score of 63.

Good luck to everyone on their next hunt.

Jim

Cut N Run

RE: Playin' hooky

Postby Cut N Run » April 17th, 2009, 3:21 pm

I'm allowed to forget the picture...brain damage.

Jim

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » April 17th, 2009, 3:22 pm

O.K., what's the deal?  I posted pics before & now no go.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » April 17th, 2009, 3:27 pm

Give a monkey some dynamite and a pack of matches & eventually, there will be a boom.

Jim

Luck Counts, good or bad

JPH

Postby JPH » April 17th, 2009, 4:25 pm

Well done Cut-N-Run!

May I assume that the "playin hooky" reference was re. the fact that this was a work day?

I'd like to share my photo too, but I'm afraid that someone would use it as blackmail.

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » April 17th, 2009, 5:02 pm

Congrats. Jim on a very nice bird, if that isn't the boss I would like to see the size of him.
Turkeybuster

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » April 17th, 2009, 5:20 pm

Congrats on a beautiful bird, I'd take a bird like that everday of the season. I finally get to hunt tomorrow, thank the Lord.

NYSuperSportsman

Postby NYSuperSportsman » April 17th, 2009, 5:40 pm

That is a beautiful bird! Congrats!

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » April 18th, 2009, 8:31 am

ORIGINAL: Cut N Run

Give a monkey some dynamite and a pack of matches & eventually, there will be a boom.
Jim
[ul][*]Love the turkey -- cool barred tailfeathers.
[*]Love the beard -- man, that is a ROPE! It looks longer than 10½", and it's full all the way to the end.
[*]I even love the way the shotgun is positioned in the photo (except that it'd be better pointed away from the camera.) Too many hunters try to spread the gobbler and hold the gun, and it usually looks awkward. Looks like your camo matched up with the terrain well, too.
[*]And, I love what you said at the beginning: "Give a monkey some dynamite and a pack of matches & eventually, there will be a boom" That's a great one! [/ul]Are you tagged out?

Steve
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » April 18th, 2009, 10:30 am

I've got one tag to go.  I hunted the same property this morning, but the birds didn't have much to say. Only heard 7 gobbles from perhaps three birds. I was pretty far from the action & only saw 4 hens. I left at 11:40.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Next

Return to Photo Gallery • Post your hunting photos!