welp its over for this spring boys..

xcal1ber

welp its over for this spring boys..

Postby xcal1ber » May 8th, 2011, 5:35 pm

Our spring season has came to an end fellas, and i must say through all the crappy weather weve had, and i mean CRAPPY, i must speak for all of us and say that its still been fun and i dont know of one KY boy on this forum that hasnt at least killed a gobbler, and anyone who hasnt dont fret because IMO its gonna be a good hatch next year, it seems like the hens were laying FOREVER this season and the gobblers were henned up bad...I look forward to shooting the bull with you boys about everything from hunting, fishing and everyones favorite University Of Kentucky Sports, GOO big blue!!
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

kygobbler

RE: welp its over for this spring boys..

Postby kygobbler » May 9th, 2011, 5:32 am

Well to bad its come to an end so fast. At the start of the season I thought for sure we would break last years record of birds killed of 38,000+. I just checked ky fish and wildlife website and only 32,000 birds were killed this year. I cant wait till September gets here and bow season begins and great ol' October shotgun season. To me, the October season is hard to beat if you havent tried it you need to. For the mean while squirrel season will do and it starts on the 21st due to over population. I guess I will do my part and take out as many tree rats as I can. Happy hunting and fishing to you this summer.
Is it turkey season yet?

SpitnDrum

Postby SpitnDrum » May 9th, 2011, 10:02 am

[:D][:D][:D][:'(][:D][:D][:D][;)]

Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

mark hay

Postby mark hay » May 12th, 2011, 11:36 am

It ain't quite over here in the Buckeye State . But , it'll end too soon to suit me , as I'm sure it was for you fellers . But , it never really ends for a bunch of members here . OH, we can't kill 'em . Though we can still learn and study by being near the turkeys all summer . Of course knocking some crows out of the sky as the sun comes up is fine entertainment too . Which will no doubt have our ears perked up when a late June or early July gobbler is gobbling strong like it was late March .

Then when summer starts winding down and the squirrel season opens it's back to the woods with a tack drivin' 22 and my ears on high alert for any turkey activity . Locating fall gobblers by squirrel hunting is great . Might even get a chance to squeak up a song dog too .

Ain't none of us gettin' younger ,,,so get in all the huntin' ya can

xcal1ber

Postby xcal1ber » May 14th, 2011, 11:51 am

Has anyone ever heard of that Morehead State team? well it seems like they knocked another team from Kentucky out of the NCAA tourney this year in the first round! (haha Shane).... and i know kygobbler, i love bow season when the deer are predictable and have their red summer coat on and the bucks still have velvet! and i also love the shot gun season in october aswell! I also read where they extended squirrel season, i cant wait to smoke some tree rats!
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

SpitnDrum

Postby SpitnDrum » May 14th, 2011, 1:38 pm

I knew I would eventually get a scolding out of ya Mr. Crawford!!!![:D][:D]Thought you would like that!!
Kentucky Briar Jumper

xcal1ber

Postby xcal1ber » May 14th, 2011, 5:16 pm

Haha you know it Shane, still a funny picture no matter the teams[:D]
-Fred Bear

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » May 16th, 2011, 2:55 pm

Hard to believe its already over, seemed like it just got here. Already looking forward to next season and like alot of you I am already thinking about chaseing a whitetail this fall, along with getting a hen or two for the freezer. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » May 16th, 2011, 3:19 pm

ORIGINAL: SpitnDrum

[:D][:D][:D][:'(][:D][:D][:D][;)]

I love this Shane! I've been a UL fan all my life and have been a student there for the last 4 years and have 4 more years to go! I figured it would get a lot of hate mail from the big blue nation lol!
Brian

SpitnDrum

Postby SpitnDrum » May 16th, 2011, 3:50 pm

Ye the hate mails always nice to recieve from the big blue nation..I kinda enjoy that aspect[:D]I guess we will have to send them some (Kat soup)I MEAN Katsup for thier french frys when they are watching the games this fall.
Kentucky Briar Jumper

Next

Return to Kentucky