2011 poult count...

SpitnDrum

2011 poult count...

Postby SpitnDrum » June 8th, 2011, 9:46 am

Thought I would start a thread so the Kentucky boys could keep track of how the poult count turned out this year in Ky.I also thought it might be a good idea to keep track of what we are seeing the turkeys doing in our general areas of Ky through out the rest of the year.Or any interesting critter related topic at all.

As of June 8 no poults here yet.Hens are feeding heavy in the fresh cut fields and I have already seen a good number of deer with good starts to a nice rack.
Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

xcal1ber

RE: 2011 poult count...

Postby xcal1ber » June 18th, 2011, 9:26 am

saw momma and 3 little ones. Was carrying corn to my deer hunting spot and spooked them up on a tree limb, momma had no idea i was there and she was wondering what the heck they were doing lol..other than that i have 5 long beards on trail camera, plus 2 jakes. Pics to come soon. Also i have 6 coons which i will trap soon, im not waiting til november to trap them because they are nothing but a nusience. and 3 deer so far big doe, button buck and a spike, which their horns are growing so hopefully those 2 bucks will be a 6 pointer and a spike.
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » June 18th, 2011, 10:41 am

Saw a momma hen with only 1 poult yesterday afternoon[&:] Hopefully the other hens out there will be carrying more around with them. Other than that I haven't seen much action from anything else except one doe I jumped up when raking hay. I did see a whole slew of deer beds before we cut one of the fields about 100 yards away from my deer stand, so at least I know they're out there!
Brian

xcal1ber

Postby xcal1ber » June 18th, 2011, 1:34 pm

Your stand is awful close to where theyre bedding lol be careful not to jump em going in
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » June 19th, 2011, 5:11 am

On the road to my house I have seen tukeys maybe 5 times in the last 6 years. This mourning when I was heading home from work I came over a hill and saw a gobbler in the middle of recently cut wheat field. I was totally surprised on seeing him that my eyes stayed on him while I was going down the road. WARNING THAT IS NOT A SMART MOVE!!!! I darn near went off the road. I had to turn around and get a better look at him and what did I see 4 hens following right behind him. The grass and the cut wheat was too tall to see if any poults were with the hens but I was glad to see some turkeys close to home.
Is it turkey season yet?

Return to Kentucky