Any Dove hunters?

Crappiepro

Any Dove hunters?

Postby Crappiepro » May 1st, 2010, 5:38 am

Hey Fella's, Any one out there dove hunt? Im tryin to line up a place to go, no body I know dove hunts. Thanks for any info! 

N2spursNbeards

RE: Any Dove hunters?

Postby N2spursNbeards » May 11th, 2010, 7:05 am

Start scouting now.......Tomato fields are GREAT. Of course wheat fields but by the time season rolls around the fields have been harvested....Good corn silage fields are another hot spot and if you know anyone ho throws out some sunflower hit that! We bust a bucket full for a few days in my neck of the woods!

Most private property owners allow ya to come dove hunt for a couple days...as long as you dont look and act like a strokebag!!

mcvitullo

Postby mcvitullo » May 12th, 2010, 2:29 am

I love dove hunting!! It is so much fun. Thats what you'll find me doing in the first few weeks of September. That and Early goose and early teal season is what makes September one of my favorite times of the year. I've hunted doves just about any where. One of our best dove spots is a Business where they sell gravel and mulch. Of coarse we can only hunt there when its closed but the doves can be in there like mad.
 As N2spurNbeards said, wheat fields are great. I still find they are decent hunting if the wheat is harvasted. Oat fields are good too. Do some scouting and you'll find them. Get the Mojo dove, that is no gimmick. It works really good!
Fall turkey hunting is boring?! Have fun sitting in your deer stand....

mcvitullo

Postby mcvitullo » May 12th, 2010, 3:35 am

Oh yeah I forgot, the Ohio division of wildlife plants dove food plots in fields on public land through out the state. It can be really good dove hunting but beware, your going to have some competition from other hunters the first few days of season. Maybe Indiana does this too??
Fall turkey hunting is boring?! Have fun sitting in your deer stand....

247limbhanger

Postby 247limbhanger » May 13th, 2010, 7:48 am

good early cut corn filds are great and gravel pits and weat fields. dove hunting is a damn great time  
two in the freezer is better than two in the tree.

Return to Indiana