Best Reserve Hunts for Turkey in IN

Crappiepro

Best Reserve Hunts for Turkey in IN

Postby Crappiepro » December 5th, 2010, 7:22 am

Hey guys, Im thinking of putting in for a few Reserve turkey hunts this year. Which Indiana properties are the better to choose and are the Reserve hunts worth messing with? Im just looking for a different hunt this year.  Thanks for any info. Good Luck Crappiepro

firelt72

RE: Best Reserve Hunts for Turkey in IN

Postby firelt72 » January 25th, 2011, 2:10 pm

Hey there my friend. I have done 1 reserve hunt. I did Big Oaks. It is a huge place and there are birds there. I have heard that Miscatatuck is good and Atterbury. My opinion is that if you have good ground someplace else, then skip the reserve hunt. They are fun, but can be tough...IMO.
Eric
Local 4416 Hamilton County Fire Fighters
If it is bleeding or on fire I can usually fix it; Other than that we might be in trouble....

Crappiepro

Postby Crappiepro » January 28th, 2011, 10:35 am

Thanks Eric, I was beginning to think There was no here from Indiana. lol. Ive got property, just thought about get out in some big property and see whats out there. I did put in for the Deer Creek FWA. Thats one worth hitten right there.

Rusty44

Postby Rusty44 » February 24th, 2011, 6:08 pm

we always hunt the sulivan green state forest. lot of land can hunt any time. we always make camp by the over flow for the week.

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » February 27th, 2011, 10:47 am

I always put in for Big Oaks. Even if you don't get selected through the state draw hunt BO has its on hunts and I always seem to get picked for those. If you've never been there then you will have to watcha video and pick your spot on Friday for the weekend hunt.

Even if you don't make it on Friday you can watch it on Sat. morning and pick any spots left. i always see turkeys down ther and a whole lotta deer as well. Great place and great fun.

firelt72

Postby firelt72 » February 28th, 2011, 4:10 am

I have hunted BO and loved the land, the pressure there suprised me though. I have not hunted SG and would like to do that sometime.
Eric
Local 4416 Hamilton County Fire Fighters
If it is bleeding or on fire I can usually fix it; Other than that we might be in trouble....

Return to Indiana