Hunting with the Best There Is!!!

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
the preacherman

Hunting with the Best There Is!!!

Postby the preacherman » April 20th, 2008, 1:26 pm

This is my first post here on T T & H.  I am a full-time minister in the Church of the Nazarene and live smack dab in the middle of the best turkey hunting of the country.  Kansas!!!

I only started turkey hunting when I moved here and am hopelessly hooked.  I have been guiding hunts for an outdoor hunting ministry based out of MO for the last three years and this past Friday and Saturday was the best days yet.

I had Billy Vargas the 2008 Grand National Turkey Calling Champion in the woods this weekend.  It is totally unbelieveable what this guy can do with a turkey call.

He is a member of the sting elite team for woodhaven and for good reason.  I am totally blown away with his calling ability.  I don't know how to post pictures yet but when I do I will post them.

An outdoor writer from Illinois and a team member from the outdoor ministry was here and 4 turkeys were taken.  Every place I put them they killed a turkey out of.  I am fortunate to live where I do and look forward to many more days of turkey hunting.  All the hunts were caught on video and are simply amazing.

I took my first turkey with a bow this year on video.  It was only a jake but you would have thought I killed a 200 inch booner by the way I was shaking after the shot.

If anyone here can tell me how to post the pictures I will do.

Have a blessed turkey season and hunt safe. 

Thanks for your time,
Mark

ps.  I leave for Edmonton Alberta Canada for my first black bear hunt with a bow on Friday.  Wish me luck!!!
the preacherman

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion