Nothin' doing today

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Cut N Run

Nothin' doing today

Postby Cut N Run » April 29th, 2008, 6:19 am

Sat for a while this morning before work. I hunted a different spot much closer to the road and couldn't hear any gobbles. It rained hard a lot of yesterday and I thought that might get 'em fired up today. No so much...at least where I was.  Saw one mature hen, a couple of jenny hens, and one noisy Jake (probably the same one I saw last Thursday).  It was cooler this morning compared to what it has been, that might have shut 'em up.

One of the neighbors said he heard a shot yesterday morning just past dawn on the other side of his property (a long way from where we hunt) before the heavy rains hit.

Saturday looks like the next chance I'll get to hunt again. We have had thunder storms every Saturday of the season so far and they are predicted again for next Saturday afternoon.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

jpb

RE: Nothin' doing today

Postby jpb » April 29th, 2008, 6:26 am

Cut..good luck Sat.I have nothing but rain here today.Only sounds in the wood this morning were the ran drops thumping me.
Joe

tracebusta32

RE: Nothin' doing today

Postby tracebusta32 » April 29th, 2008, 8:27 am

We had our rains yesterday morning and they were quiet, I wnt back out at 2:30 and had 3 toms come into my setup but was unable to get a shot off on any of them for the thick cover. Went back this morning and we had 20mph winds and never heard a gobble until 8:30 but he was way off. Good Luck Saturday, I finally found some longbeards to chase so I will be out there too
Malachi 4:5-6
My Brother: WMB

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion