AMAZING!!! UPDATE: Pictures

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
msc43283

AMAZING!!! UPDATE: Pictures

Postby msc43283 » April 29th, 2008, 5:36 am

I really wish I had a camera with me.  I work for the local sheriff's office in a fairly big city in Florida.  So a co-worker and I just pulled up here in front of a church in a grass field/parking lot that is bordered by some woods and a swamp.  This is located in a highly populated suburban area.  We're sitting here while he finishes a report and have had two hens, one with 6 poults with her, she just walked past our cars about 5 feet away.  There is another hen with a big ole gobbler hanging between 75-150 yards away from us.  The gobbler is strutting around gobbling his head off.  WHAT A SHOW!!!  This is awesome, if it had only happened during the season while I was hunting.  Now the gobbler has popped back out strutting and gobbling...looks like someone from the church is video taping it or taking pictures out a glass door...hmmmm...I need a copy!

The guy at the church took some pictures yesterday afternoon after I left.  The turkey came up to the door of the church and began pecking it abd gobbling his head off again.  I guess he saw his reflection.  I didn't believe it until I saw the video he shot on his digital camera....Here are the pictures...no video yet...

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

OptimO

RE: AMAZING!!!

Postby OptimO » April 29th, 2008, 6:09 am

Well your a cop... just tell them thats its crime scene evidence.  [:D]
SCOUT HARD... HUNT HARDER

My YouTube Channel>> http://www.youtube.com/user/OptimONY?feature=mhum

scotty234_3

Postby scotty234_3 » April 29th, 2008, 6:38 am

MSC,
   Great story! Im in the military stationed in Ft Riley, Ks. I cant tell you how many times we've had to shut a range down because the turkeys wanted to cross into the qualification range. I to need to carryacamera with me at all times.

msc43283

Postby msc43283 » April 29th, 2008, 6:54 am

Yeah it was cool.  Just don't expect to see that at work dealing with what I usually deal with.  I talked to the maintenance guy at the church, he shot some video off the gobbler this morning and is supposed to email it to me.  Says there's 3 gobblers in there.  It's like that every morning according to him.  I'm going to try to swing by there again with a camera.

GobbleGobble

Postby GobbleGobble » April 29th, 2008, 6:54 am

Hey there scotty234_3,
Scare those turkeys my way with the training and loud explosions you guys set off. [:D]  I am just down the way in Topeka.

I say this to you men and women every time I see you all in your army green.....   THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for your service- you guys are the best!

By the way I am still working on my turkey....  he is playing games with me but I still have a month to out smart him [;)]

RutnNStrutn

Postby RutnNStrutn » May 1st, 2008, 6:12 am

Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

sashultz

RE: AMAZING!!! UPDATE: Pictures

Postby sashultz » May 1st, 2008, 7:51 am

HEY I am working on my slam.....tie that one up for me!..He looks like he wants to be on my wall!....
turkey45

silvestris

RE: AMAZING!!! UPDATE: Pictures

Postby silvestris » May 1st, 2008, 2:28 pm

The gobbler is seeing his reflection in the glass.
Why be good when you can B-Mobile or Spin & Strut.

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion