Indecision???

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Dank

Indecision???

Postby Dank » May 2nd, 2008, 9:48 am

Just sitting and looking back on my season and problems I encountered and I have come to the conclusion that out of all the things I can control during a hunt (not that there are many things) the one that causes me the most problems is indecision and second guessing. I.E. theres more than one bird gobbling and I stand there trying to decide which one to go to, or a bird is gobbling and i spend to much time trying to find or figure out what i think the best set up is. I'm sure somebody out there knows what i'm talking about. Anyway, I just thought this would make a decent topic and that it would be interesting and educational to see if anyone else experiences this kind of thing and how they respond to it. 
Failure is often our best teacher.

STEROIDCHICKEN

RE: Indecision???

Postby STEROIDCHICKEN » May 2nd, 2008, 9:57 am

howdy dank,
that seems to happen to me every year...i don't think that it will ever go away.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventure Prostaff and Cameraman

MAK

Postby MAK » May 2nd, 2008, 10:49 am

The more I hunt them, the more I'm convinced that I know nothing............

We've all been there and it will happen again, I TRY to remember to pick one bird and call to it.

Last week I had 5 different birds gobbling, picked out the one I thought was the most interested. Dern hen liked him too!!!! Round 2 is coming up!!
MAK

turk2di

Postby turk2di » May 3rd, 2008, 3:38 am

Thats turkey hunting! One year you make all the right decisions & have gobblers run all over you, the next year you can't seem to do anything right! But its a good thing you are re-visiting your season mentally to sort out things. Shows you care & want to get better!![;)]

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion