A Sad Day

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Dank

A Sad Day

Postby Dank » April 30th, 2008, 7:38 am

Well, its finally here. Today is the last day of the season for me. I'm gonna go give him one more try this afternoon (still looking for #3). I guess i'm greedy but i sure would like to see another show and take one more bird. But, all in all its been a good season. As soon as i can post the pics i'll tell the stories. Sure did want to skip work and go this morning but just couldn't do it. Am I the only one that gets depressed at the end??? Just think 10 months before it comes back around and it's still 6 months until bowseason. Now I see how all you felt waiting for your season to get here since I started in march. Anyway, good luck to all you dirty sons of bitches. lol
Failure is often our best teacher.

NYSuperSportsman

RE: A Sad Day

Postby NYSuperSportsman » April 30th, 2008, 7:43 am

LAST DAY OF THE SEASON???? Mine doesnt start until tomorrow!!!!! Well great job and wish me and all other New Yorkers luck tomorrow and the rest of the month of may

RutnNStrutn

Postby RutnNStrutn » May 1st, 2008, 6:15 am

I feel your pain.  I tagged out in Florida back in March and have been sitting on the sidelines since then. [:(]

scotty234_3

Postby scotty234_3 » May 1st, 2008, 9:08 am

I feel your pain bro, I missed all of the season in Kansas, Im in Baghdad, but Im scouting hard when I get back in June. Then early muzzleloader season opens in sept. congrats on 2 birds, and to everyone else ......goodluck and be safe, send in the pictures......it keeps me going.

turk2di

Postby turk2di » May 2nd, 2008, 2:56 am

ORIGINAL: scotty234_3

I feel your pain bro, I missed all of the season in Kansas, Im in Baghdad, but Im scouting hard when I get back in June. Then early muzzleloader season opens in sept. congrats on 2 birds, and to everyone else ......goodluck and be safe, send in the pictures......it keeps me going.

Here's to wishing you all the best this fall. Thanks for your sacrifice to our country!

Dank

Postby Dank » May 2nd, 2008, 8:34 am

Sorry to hear you missed your season, and we surely can't find the words to thank you for what you do for all of us at home. Hopefully the hunting gods will shine for you in the upcoming seasons. Once again, thank you and stay safe.
Failure is often our best teacher.

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » May 2nd, 2008, 3:59 pm

hey Scotty,THANK YOU for the job that your doing for the United States,stay safe and good luck on your hunting when you get home. I am going hunting Saturday if I get one gobbling I will be thinking of you.

GobbleGobble

Postby GobbleGobble » May 3rd, 2008, 8:02 pm

I said it before and I will say it again....Thanks a bunch for your service Scotty!!!  You guys are THE true heroes!

AND by the way.....don't bother trying to scout this Tom that I got down I-70 near Topeka- unless you want to scout my freezer[:D] >>>

RNC

Postby RNC » May 6th, 2008, 4:32 am

I have been going nuts waiting for late may to get here so my group can hunt. Thats nothing compared to what Scotty has to go through. Hope you get home soon and safe. To all of you there and the units still going (brother-in-laws unit goes in June) THANK YOU for all you do. 

RutnNStrutn

Postby RutnNStrutn » May 6th, 2008, 5:44 pm

Scotty, thank you and your brothers and sisters in arms for all you do for America.  Please let your comrades know that America loves them!!  Be safe and come home soon!!

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion