But my bow will get wet......

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
GobbleGobble

But my bow will get wet......

Postby GobbleGobble » May 9th, 2008, 4:29 am

Hello friends,
Question about the rain.  I have read the post about hunting Mr. Tom in the rain and how one should "Go for it".[:D]

My question is more about what the rain will do to my bow. [8|]   I have had my Browning Vapor for almost a year and my concern is will the rain damage the bow.  I guess I am thinking of more of what the rain will do to the string.

I had the alarm set for 4:45 this morning but when I looked out it was raining so I crawled back in bed.  If nothing else Mr. Tom got to live another day[:)]

ct swamphunter

RE: But my bow will get wet......

Postby ct swamphunter » May 9th, 2008, 4:56 am

When I use to bow hunt I was out in the rain quite a few times and my recommendation would be to make sure that the string is completey waxed and all nut and bolts area's are well lubricated.
When you get inside lightly wipe down the entire thing and from a safe distance use a blow dryer with out getting to close to the string. That will help. I always did that and never had a problem.

STEROIDCHICKEN

Postby STEROIDCHICKEN » May 9th, 2008, 5:53 am

the rain is not gonna hurt the bow....wax the string prior to hunting, actually you should always keep the string waxed. keep all metal parts lubricated with oil. after the hunt, wipe down good and do NOT store in case until completely dry.
been bow hunting for many years and i have never let rain stop me..just have to make a good shot for trailing. good luck to you and your adventures with the bow. 
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventure Prostaff and Cameraman

Dank

Postby Dank » May 10th, 2008, 8:14 am

I couldn't agree with S.C. anymore. If properly maintained the rain wont slow your "baby" down.
Failure is often our best teacher.

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion