turkey season

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!

turkey season

Postby STEROIDCHICKEN » May 29th, 2008, 1:03 pm

is it turkey season yet.....298 days to go...i can't wait.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventure Prostaff and Cameraman

RE: turkey season

Postby allaboutshooting » May 29th, 2008, 1:41 pm

Hey Roger,

Just one more reason to hunt turkeys in the fall. We'll have about 4 months to wait here and then the fall season begins. It only lasts for about a week in Illinois but it's a fun week.

I'm already planning a fall in Kentucky and look forward to that as well.

"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Postby Dank » May 29th, 2008, 4:02 pm

If only I can catch a few more fish (going on monday) to get me through to bow season, I think I'll make it. Once deer season starts time starts flying by and it will be turkey time once again. But god will  it ever  be a long wait for october.
Failure is often our best teacher.

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » May 31st, 2008, 2:20 pm

I know what you are saying Chicken, I am going through a mild state of depression right now not being able to go after a tom. A guy i work with comes in every morning telling me how there is one hammering behind his house every morning. I just hope he comes back next year.

Postby matchbook454 » June 1st, 2008, 4:02 pm

Unfortunately I did not have as much time to hunt this spring as I would have liked and didn't do too well either.  I'm more pumped now than before the season though.  I don't know if I'll make it until next year!  I'm going to try and get one with my bow in IL and WI this fall and will try to get a shotgun tag for WI.  The county that I hunt in IL doesn't have a fall shotgun season unfortunately :(.  It's not the same as hunting them in the spring but still turkey hunting!  Oh, and to make my obsession worse, last weekend I was up in WI fishing by my families vacation home and had one of my diaphram calls in my pocket while I was in the boat. I took it out just to make some noise and what happens????  2 Toms gobble back at me!  I called them all the way to the shore - about 50 yards from us.  My fiance couldn't believe it and neither could I!!!!!!  What couldn't that happen during hunting season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » June 3rd, 2008, 2:54 am

I marked a few small trees that were in the way last Turkey season and am in the process of removing them.  By the time next season rolls around I will have open shooting lanes where I had to hold up this year. I'm also in the process of feeding the ticks & chiggers.
The turkeys will poroably find a new way to get through there and get something between me & them.
Luck Counts, good or bad

Postby tracebusta32 » June 3rd, 2008, 8:55 am

Jim I seen them out there today planting some tree's right beside the one's you cut down...
Malachi 4:5-6
My Brother: WMB

Postby jpb » June 3rd, 2008, 2:49 pm

April is sooo far away,,At least i can watch my fan dry.Wich by the way is almost as much fun as watching grass grow.Thank goodness the fish are biting...

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion